• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why do people think the Astros are going to be so good?

Hubs

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, Hubs said:

31 HR last year, with buzzers, 13 the year before.

13/162= 4.8 in 60 games. 31/162 = 19 in 60.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Lou said:

I still say it's highly doubtful he only hits 3 home runs

On 7/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, Hubs said:

He's also played 76% of his games last year, which would be 45 games. = 3.6 HR if he's on that 13 HR pace.

I was right.

(not going to lie.... I was going to sing your praises a week ago for nailing your prediction)

On 7/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Exactly.  I can understand questioning whether or not the Rangers will be any good -- that offense could be awful.  But the Astros even if that entire offense suddenly became perfectly league average still has enough pitching to win out.

100 is league average -- Astros came in at 94.    Last year they were at 119, tops in all of MLB.  Astro fans can deny it all they want, it seems pretty clear the cheating was still happening...

As far as their pitching this year...  They came in at 107, last year it also topped MLB at 127.    No Cole, no Verlander, -- Whitley needs to come up big next season.

19 hours ago, Lou said:

I was right.

(not going to lie.... I was going to sing your praises a week ago for nailing your prediction)

He hit 5. I was close.

Astros as a team were 10th in HR, they were 3rd last season.

Buzzz Buzzz.

Also as IP mentioned, 94 OPS+ is a big decline.

As bad as the Angels season went, I admit seeing the Astros offense perform the way they have is kind of satisfying.  They got off easy, their players acted arrogantly and their fans pretended everyone was just as guilty and they had done nothing wrong.   Maybe it's all a coincidence but for them to finish below .500 it brings into question everything about their recent run.

Eff the Astros.

Halos finish just three games back of the Cheaters, despite being swept by the Latriners.

Andddd, if they lose Springer, Reddick, and Brantley to FA, they are in a world of hurt in 2021.

Currently, their 2021 rotation is 37 year-old Greinke, Valdez, Urquidy, and whoever.    Whitley has very limited minor league innings plus a questionable health history in the minors.