• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Columnist: Trout and others considering abandoning their teams, the game

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  Journalism is all but lost. 

the guy apparently has been doing it for over 20 years

https://www.inquirer.com/author/hayes_marcus/

The good old days had award winning Bill Plashke up in arms because the Dodgers GM used a computer

Bill Conlin was a revered Philly columnist since dinosaurs roamed the earth, with the worst takes possible - and was a child predator.

In the year the white sox won the WS in 2005, Jay Mariotti - a lead columnist for a paper in the 3rd biggest city in the country - put on an unbelievable Sybil performance of complimenting the Sox, then predicting doom the next day - for six straight months!  It defies belief how bad it was.

It would be embarrassing for a message board poster.  This was an award-winning columnist who had multiple tv  gigs.

https://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/10/jay_mariottis_y.html

anybody whose advice to a person concerned about their family is that they should move out, is a retarded idoit and should be forced to wear a protective helmet. 

that's the most ignorant shit imaginable.

how much money someone makes isn't even part of the problem or the solution.

imagine if trout or wheeler play and their wife gets sick. imagine if they lost one or both of the wife and baby. how do you think that would make them feel? how would that make you feel?

it's an idiotic suggestion at best.

i'll tell you right now, if i had trout's ear i'd tell him not to play. it's not worth it.

if my wife or baby died, i might die with them. 

If Trout ever had abandoning his team in his heart this year would’ve been his contract year. He thought long and hard about his decision to sign a life contract with the Angels. It’s safe to say that he and his wife love it here. If he takes some time off for his family he’s not abandoning his commitment to the team. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

If Trout ever had abandoning his team in his heart this year would’ve been his contract year. He thought long and hard about his decision to sign a life contract with the Angels. It’s safe to say that he and his wife love it here. If he takes some time off for his family he’s not abandoning his commitment to the team. 

This is a ...

really spot-on take.