• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unpopular Opinions You Hold vs. Those You Closely Align With

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Jeff Beezos is not a baby boomer and is the individually richest man in the world. There are over 50 billionaires in the US that are under the age of forty, many are classified as millennials.

You obviously are unsuccessful for your generation. 

None of these points are relevant so I'm not sure what point you are even trying to make.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I cannot believe that you guys are seriously going to say that inequality in this country is due to how much harder working the baby boomer generation was than everyone else. That is literally the most asinine position anyone on this board has ever taken.

Apparently this is my unpopular opinion (as a conservative). lol

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I cannot believe that you guys are seriously going to say that inequality in this country is due to how much harder working the baby boomer generation was than everyone else. That is literally the most asinine position anyone on this board has ever taken.

not all of it but certainly some of it. 

what allowed people to become wealthy in this country if they didn't come from a wealthy family? the great american story is one of opportunity and creativity. look at all of the things you use daily or are available to you in better and cheaper forms. look at all of the advances made in technology, science, aerospace, engineering, manufacturing, and production. those are,  things that didn't just fall from the sky - they're the result of hard work, determination, and innovation. meanwhile, the current generation spends their day using their thumbs and looking at minimum wage jobs as the end of their opportunity. you want more out of life? work you butt off and go get it, and find your way.

People of all races have achieved since our founding. They didn’t do it crying about fairness. I was born in the same town as Eric Church. My daddy was a factory worker and his dad was the VP of Lazy Boy. With those odds it was very likely I would be as rich as him. I could spend my whole life crying about or work to do my best. It is very likely my best is better than my parents and hopefully my son does better. Blaming others will not lift people out of poverty 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Roll the clock back to 1970, the hey day of the Boomer generation. There was no cable, there was no cell phones, there was no internet, the Mall had yet to exist, there was no eBay or Amazon.com or $5 mocha frappachinos and fifty different a la carte streaming packages. You all live a higher standard of living than the baby boomers did with your disposable income. Inflation follows every generation but so does amenities that you consciously decide are important. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's not that hard. Some people work 3 jobs. 

Well my grandpa did at times. He also picked up coal that fell on railroad tracks and recycled bottles. It was embarrassing but taught his family a lot about humility and self reliance. He wouldn’t be caught dead in an unemployment line 

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's not that hard. Some people work 3 jobs. 

My uncle did. He just passed away last week at 89 and was only officially retired for about six of his last years. I liked Gene and he was quick to pull a beer out of his ice chest for you and refused a fiver for the drinks. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

My uncle did. He just passed away last week at 89 and was only officially retired for about six of his last years. I liked Gene and he was quick to pull a beer out of his ice chest for you and refused a fiver for the drinks. 

I bet he got a ton of pussy

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I bet he got a ton of pussy

Strict Catholic and never missed a Sunday service with his wife. Even did volunteer work on his few hours off. Drank like a fish but never a day of anger in the man. I'll be missing his funeral due to work. I hope my cousins understand. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Roll the clock back to 1970, the hey day of the Boomer generation. There was no cable, there was no cell phones, there was no internet, the Mall had yet to exist, there was no eBay or Amazon.com or $5 mocha frappachinos and fifty different a la carte streaming packages. You all live a higher standard of living than the baby boomers did with your disposable income. Inflation follows every generation but so does amenities that you consciously decide are important. 

This is all true but it also ignores the increasing cost of and reduced return on higher education, or how much more people are spending on housing as a percentage of their income today as opposed to a generation ago.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Strict Catholic and never missed a Sunday service with his wife. Even did volunteer work on his few hours off. Drank like a fish but never a day of anger in the man. I'll be missing his funeral due to work. I hope my cousins understand. 

I hate you sometimes.

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

not all of it but certainly some of it. 

what allowed people to become wealthy in this country if they didn't come from a wealthy family? the great american story is one of opportunity and creativity. look at all of the things you use daily or are available to you in better and cheaper forms. look at all of the advances made in technology, science, aerospace, engineering, manufacturing, and production. those are,  things that didn't just fall from the sky - they're the result of hard work, determination, and innovation. meanwhile, the current generation spends their day using their thumbs and looking at minimum wage jobs as the end of their opportunity. you want more out of life? work you butt off and go get it, and find your way.

I'm not arguing that hard work doesn't pay off anymore, I'm looking at the broad data for today's economy. You have to work harder today than you had to one and two generations ago. Yesterday's bachelors degree is today's masters. Yesterday's family home is today's cramped apartment. Yesterday's single income family is todays two or even three income family. In the middle none of this really matters but it is clearer at the edges. You don't really think people are taking to the streets around the world because of George Floyd? People only act like this when there are real problems that they don't know how to address.

While there is nothing wrong with the regular hamburger or some minor variations (bacon, bbq sauce, etc) I think those people who pride themselves on eating fussy fancy burgers with guyere cheese, chipotle IPA infused vinagrette, etc are losers.  

Move back to the flyover state you came from and learn about french food if you want to eat like a sissy.   coq a vin, souffle, nicoises     shallot infused aoli (aka mayonnaise)  on spiced brioche bun cooked rare GTFO with your colored 90s pop culture tattoos and handlebar mustache 

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is all true but it also ignores the increasing cost of and reduced return on higher education, or how much more people are spending on housing as a percentage of their income today as opposed to a generation ago.

What you are saying is you are chasing your tails looking for a status symbol diploma rather working the system by taking advantage of cheaper community college for prep classes and then either picking your grad degree at an affordable college or going with online courses. In the end the paper is worth the same for most employers. You start off in a cubicle at cubicle wage, you don't go straight to vice presidency because you spent $150k on a degree from Pepperdine. 

The ivy league has never been affordable but being fools and paying ludicrous money for lesser colleges is your own hubris overriding sensible life decisions. Like hitting Starbucks every day for those milkshake drinks covered in caramel and whipped cream then moaning you are fat and broke.

Every generation has to be smarter than the previous if they are going to navigate through what the carnies are selling. You guys talk about how smart GMs take advantage of markets and trade for players that are undervalued. Do the same with your own life decisions. 

3 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

While there is nothing wrong with the regular hamburger or some minor variations (bacon, bbq sauce, etc) I think those people who pride themselves on eating fussy fancy burgers with guyere cheese, chipotle IPA infused vinagrette, etc are losers.  

Move back to the flyover state you came from and learn about french food if you want to eat like a sissy.   coq a vin, souffle, nicoises     shallot infused aoli (aka mayonnaise)  on spiced brioche bun cooked rare GTFO with your colored 90s pop culture tattoos and handlebar mustache 

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_8b1119ab-6ef2-448f-88bc-2f24427c60a2_480x360.gif

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What you are saying is you are chasing your tails looking for a status symbol diploma rather working the system by taking advantage of cheaper community college for prep classes and then either picking your grad degree at an affordable college or going with online courses. In the end the paper is worth the same for most employers. You start off in a cubicle at cubicle wage, you don't go straight to vice presidency because you spent $150k on a degree from Pepperdine. 

The ivy league has never been affordable but being fools and paying ludicrous money for lesser colleges is your own hubris overriding sensible life decisions. Like hitting Starbucks every day for those milkshake drinks covered in caramel and whipped cream then moaning you are fat and broke.

Every generation has to be smarter than the previous if they are going to navigate through what the carnies are selling. You guys talk about how smart GMs take advantage of markets and trade for players that are undervalued. Do the same with your own life decisions. 

This is great advice but it really proves my point when all you used to have to tell someone from your parents generation was to finish high school and get a job with a reputable company. There are far more people today who are going to fall through the cracks and end up rioting on the streets. No doubt they've made some poor personal decisions but that isn't going to un-loot the foot locker.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

And yet people that go into trades instead of cubicles fare better because when they choose to go into debt it is to build a business rather trying to live off someone else's. College has been over sold. 

Absolutely. And far too many people in school don't really want to be there... this contributes to the rising costs.