• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

It has nothing to do with democracy. Twitter is a private company and when you join twitter, you agree to their terms of service. If you don't like it, leave. 

Twitter is not a private company. 

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you guys care at all about what actually happens to people or how much the country suffers ? Why ? How can we have a functioning society like this.  It’s not workable. 

and these fucking idiots aren’t being muzzled.  Don Jr.  can go on literally a 1000 different broadly accessible programs to talk about hydroxychloroquine and masks.  And they’ll all clap like fucking seals at whatever he says.  

but twitter blocking him for violating their TOS is a crisis.  Sorry.  I don’t buy it.  

and I’m not even saying that I agree with what Twitter does.  To me it should be like a flag or something along with the post.  I don’t think he should be blocked over it.   But my god.  What an insane exaggeration.  You want to talk about the bedrock of a functioning democracy? How does it work if 40 to 50 percent of the population gobbles up every piece of partisan dishonest garbage that comes across their feed.  That’s a both sides thing ! We have to be able to say “Hey ! This is bullshit” 

Link to these stats?

I'm guessing you Googled this and researched it before posting.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've never been on Twitter.

Twitter also is not a private company as it is publicly traded on the stock market.

After all, Twitter is a publicly traded company, and since its 2013 IPO, anybody can buy shares. While there is a group of key stakeholders who own large portions of the platform, if enough individuals decided to invest and collectively organize, it could make a big difference to its future direction.

Private, publicly traded, the terms are the same. I'm not surprised you focused on this instead of the rest of my comment. 

Again when you join, you agrees to their terms of service. I cant just go to work tomorrow and call my boss a bunch of curse words then shout "democracy" after I'm fired. That's fucking stupid.

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Private, publicly traded, the terms are the same. I'm not surprised you focused on this instead of the rest of my comment. 

Again when you join, you agrees to their terms of service. I cant just go to work tomorrow and call my boss a bunch of curse words then shout "democracy" after I'm fired. That's fucking stupid.

Oh really?

And yes, your point was stupid so I didn't respond. It wasn't even the point or context of what we were talking about. I even said something similar about stores/businesses and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. So yeah, your post is incorrect and stupid not needing much else to respond about. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The terms are the same, they just made an error using two different words for two different things.

Stop embarrassing yourself. One has public stock the other is private stock. Stock trading has absolutely nothing to do with the hole your desperately trying to dig your way out of.

The terms when you join are the same. You abide by their rules, or you get fired. Or in the case of twitter - account suspended, banned. But keep focusing on private or public company to divert attention from your astonishingly stupid comment.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Stop embarrassing yourself. One has public stock the other is private stock. Stock trading has absolutely nothing to do with the hole your desperately trying dig your way out of.

The terms when you join are the same. You abide by their rules, or you get fired. Or in the case of twitter - account suspended, banned. But keep focusing on private or public company to divert attention from your astonishingly stupid comment.

This why people leave or don't post here anymore.

We are talking about social media platforms and censoring people then some troll derails it into talking about publicly traded companies and how the stock market works.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We are talking about social media platforms and censoring people then some troll derails it into talking about publicly traded companies and how the stock market works.

Man you are Trump's clone to the tee.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Twitter has rights as a public or private company. They can censor people who spread lies and misinformation, especially if it might be harmful.

Even fox news went into a full panic when they realized they could be sued when their entertainment hosts were calling the covid a hoax. They quickly hired lawyers, and told their hosts to take it seriously. That's why Hannity and Ingraham changed their tune.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Are you able to fact check or do your due diligence about said fire in the same amount of time that it would take to read someones Twitter post?

It's not even in the same league.

I've read the rest of your post a few times and have no clue what you are talking about nor does it make sense.

Fact check what.  Have you not heard of the concept ?  I suspect you have.  And in my opinion, regarding covid it is in the same league.  We can’t get a handle on the problem if significant numbers of people don’t take it seriously because their thought leaders continuously confuse things.   You can disagree I guess.  But it’s a disaster.  Just like yelling fire. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Fact check what.  Have you not heard of the concept ?  I suspect you have.  And in my opinion, regarding covid it is in the same league.  We can’t get a handle on the problem if significant numbers of people don’t take it seriously because their thought leaders continuously confuse things.   You can disagree I guess.  But it’s a disaster.  Just like yelling fire. 

Sigh....

Let me try something else.

If I read something on Twitter. I have the conscious decision to accept, ignore, research, fact check, etc. And I can do this at my leisure or when time permits. Makes sense so far?

If someone yells fire, I don't have that opportunity to research (nor would any sane person) and they are immediately under a strict time frame to react. Still makes sense?

Thus, it's apples and oranges and not in the same league. Honestly, I don't even know why you used that analogy. It has no bearing on Twitter and censorship.

If people follow everything they read on the internet or blindly follow shit, they deserve the repercussions. It's called Darwinism. I think someone purposely misleading others should be held accountable, but I also believe people also need to individually be held accountable.

Again, if I jump off a cliff because someone told me to because I read it, is it the authors fault or mine?

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Sigh....

Let me try something else.

If I read something on Twitter. I have the conscious decision to accept, ignore, research, fact check, etc. And I can do this at my leisure or when time permits. Makes sense so far?

If someone yells fire, I don't have that opportunity to research (nor would any sane person) and they are immediately under a strict time frame to react. Still makes sense?

Thus, it's apples and oranges and not in the same league. Honestly, I don't even know why you used that analogy. It has no bearing on Twitter and censorship.

If people follow everything they read on the internet or blindly follow shit, they deserve the repercussions. It's called Darwinism. I think someone purposely misleading others should be held accountable, but I also believe people also need to individually be held accountable.

Again, if I jump off a cliff because someone told me to because I read it, is it the authors fault or mine?

Ok, I see what you’re trying to say here.  I’m sorry I didn’t catch it at first.  I guess if you want to compare the two things in a literal sense I agree they are quite different.  But my intention was partly to show that we do have limits to free speech.  The other side of my point, which we just fundamentally disagree about is that when some kind of speech causes great harm then it should be stopped or curbed.  In that way I do believe it’s similar to crying out fire in a theater.  I do think covid denialism or gross misinformation during all of this causes great harm. 

also, I don’t agree with your idea of Darwinism governing this.  Firstly, because I think it’s unethical.  Secondly, ones stupid behavior in pandemic harms others.  It’s not as simple as “you did a dumb dumb get fucked and die” it’s a matter of fairness and fundamental right and wrong.  I get that’s subjective.  But that’s my view.  We do act on each other in this case whether we like it or not.  

and as far twitter doing the timeout.  Like I said, I don’t think it’s the way I would handle it.  But I don’t handle it and neither do you so who gives a shit what we think about it.  Twitter is free to govern their platform as they see fit.  If users don’t like it they can stop using the platform.   Again, these people aren’t being muzzled.  They aren’t going to the gulag.  It’s not a free speech issue imo.  Go use Gab.  Go cry to Tucker Carlson.  

Edited by UndertheHalo