• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Especially since Hydroxychloroquine has been in use for over 50 years, yet it's being shot down as a possible solution? 

Jesus this is wrong.  Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for covid19.  And it has potentially fatal side effects for people with heart conditions.  It’s not a safe treatment.  It’s not a “cure” as these people on the video are claiming. Why the fuck do you guys fall all over yourselves for the stupidest grifting motherfuckers on earth.  ??

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

maybe go read about Stella Immanuel.  She’s the “doctor” from that retards gathering in the video. 

There are other legit doctors speaking out though, about how this has been overdone and asking why Hydroxychloroquine isn't being used more for CoVid-19.

There are increasing numbers of people recovering by taking Hydroxychloroquine.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Jesus this is wrong.  Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for covid19.  And it has potentially fatal side effects for people with heart conditions.  It’s not a safe treatment.  It’s not a “cure” as these people on the video are claiming. Why the fuck do you guys fall all over yourselves for the stupidest grifting motherfuckers on earth.  ??

Then why has it been in use for over 50 years?  

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

There are other legit doctors speaking out though, about how this has been overdone and asking why Hydroxychloroquine isn't being used more for CoVid-19.

There are increasing numbers of people recovering by taking Hydroxychloroquine.  

Where did you see this.  Please send me the link so I can take a look at it.  Completely contrary to everything I’ve seen.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

From a June Washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/04/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

This video by Dr. Kelly Victory (trauma and emergency physician) is 17:31 in length.

The video doesn’t talk about hydroxychloroquine.  It’s a headline that the lancet study regarding its dangers was retracted.  Which, was news to me.  So thank you for that.  But it’s still not evidence of a cure and the FDA still advises against its use.  

this article  basically sums it up that there is still not good evidence that it’s an effective treatment.  

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/does-hydroxychloroquine-still-have-a-role-to-play-in-this-pandemic/4012135.article

And in fact, the best study we have shows that it is not.  The drug is known to cause problems for people with heart problems.  That’s not a new thing.  The lancet withdrawal is about the concept that increased use to treat covid-19 resulted in greater mortality and that could idea not be verified.  So they withdrew it.  It’s not a signal that it’s a good treatment.  

so, like I said, I had not seen that.  So I’ll drop the it’s dangerous stuff.  But knowing what we know about heart conditions.  I still think it’s fair to say that it’s a risky treatment with poor evidence to support its efficacy.  

and the lady in the video was talking about masks being unnecessary.  In addition to her insane bullshit about demons and shit (not discussed in the clip yesterday) 

Edited by UndertheHalo

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What about Don Jr’s responsibly to not disseminate false information about a pandemic ? That seems like a more serious problem than platform removing dangerous garbage. 

People including yourself say dumb shit daily. We should have the right to say dumb shit. It's on the viewer or reader to determine whether someone's opinion or information is valid or not, not some platform to decide for people.

I don't want a platform deciding what's good for me or not to view, I can do that on my own. 

If people are spouting false info or bullshit it should be on society to determine that the same way if we don't agree with a stores policies or business model then we have the right to not shop there and can go somewhere else. It's the foundation and point of democracy.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

People including yourself say dumb shit daily. We should have the right to say dumb shit. It's on the viewer or reader to determine whether someone's opinion or information is valid or not, not some platform to decide for people.

I don't want a platform deciding what's good for me or not to view, I can do that on my own. 

If people are spouting false info or bullshit it should be on society to determine that the same way if we don't agree with a stores policies or business model then we have the right to not shop there and can go somewhere else. It's the foundation and point of democracy.

Watch This Look Here GIF by Paul McCartney - Find & Share on GIPHY

Unfortunately, one of the biggest issues with society today is needing the instant sound bite, instead of researching.   That is why they decry immediately things that they don't agree with, instead of looking at both sides and making up their own mind.    (Not implying you UTH, as you seem to do research) 

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's one thing to be simply spreading dumb shit/false info.  It's another when that dumb shit/false info can lead to more deaths and they are using your platform to do it.  Fox News scaled back their "the virus is a hoax" rhetoric for the very same reason.

People want to blame cancel culture, but really Twitter is acting like true capitalists.  They are protecting their butts from being sued.  

All prescription drugs have risks when they are taken, no matter what they are for. It's up to your individual doctor on what they think you need. If your doctor prescribes something you do not want to take then seek a second opinion. Unfortunately with COVID, none of them knows enough about it to give great medical advice.

41 minutes ago, Rico said:

It's one thing to be simply spreading dumb shit/false info.  It's another when that dumb shit/false info can lead to more deaths and they are using your platform to do it.  Fox News scaled back their "the virus is a hoax" rhetoric for the very same reason.

People want to blame cancel culture, but really Twitter is acting like true capitalists.  They are protecting their butts from being sued.  

I disagree.

If someone sends me something that says the world is going to end so a bunch of people are going to jump off a cliff and I do it, my family is not going to sue Microsoft because the author originally wrote his thoughts on Microsoft Word. They also aren't going to sue Gmail because the email was transmitted through that platform.

Is it on Gmail to monitor emails and delete the ones they pick and choose to be harmful? That's what these social media platforms are doing. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I disagree.

If someone sends me something that says the world is going to end so a bunch of people are going to jump off a cliff and I do it, my family is not going to sue Microsoft because the author originally wrote his thoughts on Microsoft Word. They also aren't going to sue Gmail because the email was transmitted through that platform.

Is it on Gmail to monitor emails and delete the ones they pick and choose to be harmful? That's what these social media platforms are doing. 

Are you asking Rico to go against Twitter?

Silly boy.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

So you’re against prohibitions on people screaming fire in a crowded theatre ? Because if you’re a free speech absolutist and that’s your position then fine.  We’ll disagree but you have your position and whatever.  

to me, a guy like Don Jr or the president or these lunatic pretend doctors or any of these conservatives with the ability to misinform large swaths of people fucking causing confusion and spreading false bullshit that hinders tackling this crisis is screaming fire in a crowded theatre.  I think it’s criminal and I don’t care that it’s infringes on absolutists interpretations of free speech.  

it’s not the same as a typical bad take. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Do you guys care at all about what actually happens to people or how much the country suffers ? Why ? How can we have a functioning society like this.  It’s not workable. 

and these fucking idiots aren’t being muzzled.  Don Jr.  can go on literally a 1000 different broadly accessible programs to talk about hydroxychloroquine and masks.  And they’ll all clap like fucking seals at whatever he says.  

but twitter blocking him for violating their TOS is a crisis.  Sorry.  I don’t buy it.  

and I’m not even saying that I agree with what Twitter does.  To me it should be like a flag or something along with the post.  I don’t think he should be blocked over it.   But my god.  What an insane exaggeration.  You want to talk about the bedrock of a functioning democracy? How does it work if 40 to 50 percent of the population gobbles up every piece of partisan dishonest garbage that comes across their feed.  That’s a both sides thing ! We have to be able to say “Hey ! This is bullshit” 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It has nothing to do with democracy. Twitter is a private company and when you join twitter, you agree to their terms of service. If you don't like it, leave. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you guys care at all about what actually happens to people or how much the country suffers ? Why ? How can we have a functioning society like this.  It’s not workable. 

and these fucking idiots aren’t being muzzled.  Don Jr.  can go on literally a 1000 different broadly accessible programs to talk about hydroxychloroquine and masks.  And they’ll all clap like fucking seals at whatever he says.  

but twitter blocking him for violating their TOS is a crisis.  Sorry.  I don’t buy it.  

and I’m not even saying that I agree with what Twitter does.  To me it should be like a flag or something along with the post.  I don’t think he should be blocked over it.   But my god.  What an insane exaggeration.  You want to talk about the bedrock of a functioning democracy? How does it work if 40 to 50 percent of the population gobbles up every piece of partisan dishonest garbage that comes across their feed.  That’s a both sides thing ! We have to be able to say “Hey ! This is bullshit” 

You can.

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So you’re against prohibitions on people screaming fire in a crowded theatre ? Because if you’re a free speech absolutist and that’s your position then fine.  We’ll disagree but you have your position and whatever.  

to me, a guy like Don Jr or the president or these lunatic pretend doctors or any of these conservatives with the ability to misinform large swaths of people fucking causing confusion and spreading false bullshit that hinders tackling this crisis is screaming fire in a crowded theatre.  I think it’s criminal and I don’t care that it’s infringes on absolutists interpretations of free speech.  

it’s not the same as a typical bad take. 

Are you able to fact check or do your due diligence about said fire in the same amount of time that it would take to read someones Twitter post?

It's not even in the same league.

I've read the rest of your post a few times and have no clue what you are talking about nor does it make sense.

9 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

It has nothing to do with democracy. Twitter is a private company and when you join twitter, you agree to their terms of service. If you don't like it, leave. 

I've never been on Twitter.

Twitter also is not a private company as it is publicly traded on the stock market.

After all, Twitter is a publicly traded company, and since its 2013 IPO, anybody can buy shares. While there is a group of key stakeholders who own large portions of the platform, if enough individuals decided to invest and collectively organize, it could make a big difference to its future direction.