• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

Back to the topic at hand.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/us/politics/impeachment-trump-hearing.html

WASHINGTON — Two officials at the White House budget office resigned this year after expressing concerns about President Trump’s decision to hold up congressionally approved security assistance to Ukraine, a third aide at the office told impeachment investigators, revealing dissent within a key agency about Mr. Trump’s insistence on freezing the money.

Mark Sandy, an official at the White House Office of Management and Budget, told the House Intelligence Committee in a private interview this month that one official who “expressed some frustrations about not understanding the reason for the hold” resigned in September at least in part because of those concerns.

A second co-worker, an official in the legal division of the office, also resigned after offering a “dissenting opinion” about whether it was legal to hold up the aid, according to a transcript of Mr. Sandy’s testimony released on Tuesday.

I'm sure these dudes resigned for no reason, and that they would have resigned under any other administration.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

It's very douchey. My daughter is only 14 and is proficient with most firearms but I don't teach her that kind of nonsense though. 

Good on you man. I’m all for teaching responsible firearm use and ownership. I was raised in a house with guns, and I was always taught to be very careful, respectful, and procedural with them. I definitely consider myself left of center politically; but I enjoy shooting as a hobby, and I do it fairly frequently. And I’m thankful to my father for teaching me about responsible firearm use as a child. Among those lessons was not ever threatening or implying a threat to others because of our ownership of those firearms. And I’m glad that you seem to be imparting that same sentiment to your daughter. The Huff thing about implying some sort of armed revolution based on a political situation (maybe, or possibly worse) is just freaking gross to me though. I’m all for people shooting for fun, or hunting, or defending themselves or their homes (if they do so responsibly). I’m just thoroughly grossed out by the tough guy fantasy scenario of defending one’s self from the Bernie Sanders scenario of healthcare for all or something. It’s just a ridiculous escalation to me.