• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Or because maybe you like them and want them. 

My wife got me a shooting lesson at the range for Father's day. Never held a pistol before. Should be fun.

Yeah I should not have made it seem like there were only two reasons. I’m a dumb ass.

I’m good with guns for the most part but I know that nothing in life is perfect or is without flaw and that applies to the 2nd amendment as well.

I just find it slightly funny that one of the reasons for the second amendment is to protect us from the government and any abuses and injustices they subject us to. But yet they do it over and over again and yet gun owners kind of put up with it. I’m not advocating violence but just wondering what the tipping point is? I know if the government tried to confiscate guns, you would see an increase in fighting back. Just seems like a lot of our other rights get stripped away but only thing people do to fight against that is just bitch about the government.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Yeah I should not have made it seem like there were only two reasons. I’m a dumb ass.

I’m good with guns for the most part but I know that nothing in life is perfect or is without flaw and that applies to the 2nd amendment as well.

I just find it slightly funny that one of the reasons for the second amendment is to protect us from the government and any abuses and injustices they subject us to. But yet they do it over and over again and yet gun owners kind of put up with it. I’m not advocating violence but just wondering what the tipping point is? I know if the government tried to confiscate guns, you would see an increase in fighting back. Just seems like a lot of our other rights get stripped away but only thing people do to fight against that is just bitch about the government.

Yeah I view them as incredibly important to preventing government tyranny. Joe Maga isn't going to shoot a cop because the cops are being dicks and making him wear masks or other rights infringements. We can tolerate a lot of tyranny, obviously. We do. As long as there is a degree of law and order with State-instituted consequences, most people are going to take it easy, But an armed populace makes it at least incrementally, if not substantially less likely that totalitarianism will ever be attempted.

49 minutes ago, Kevin said:

You aren't wrong 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Or because maybe you like them and want them. 

My wife got me a shooting lesson at the range for Father's day. Never held a pistol before. Should be fun.

It is and hopefully you have a good instructor so you have a good experience 

Edited by Jason

"I just think that, in this case, they need to do a little bit more research," she advised. "Not having police, defunding [and] dismantling a police department, and bringing in perhaps civilians to do the work...What are you going to do when the bad people come out? What are you going to do when the bad people show up? When you call 9-1-1 who is going to come out?"

media/law-enforcement-panel-defund-police