• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

25 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I've lived there. My parents lived there for around 15 years. I have a brother that still lives there. I know "that place."

Cool. Then you know that the town is not how you’re representing it because I have family up there too in the Sandpoint area who would love to tell you that you’re full of shit. You can pretend all you want that the whole area is racist or maybe we can meet up together so we can share fishing holes. 

BYW this is where stick-dick says he can’t make it up there because of COVID-19 or some other bullshit. Meet me up there pussy. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Back to the chubby guy in the pink shirt in St. Louis.  I really hope this is the Aziz Ansari moment of this movement.  

And it’s really disturbing to me.  I’m fairly liberal on most issues. I hate Trump.  But the (Non-Fox news) media’s coverage of pink shirt is insane.  

And the problem is that other moderate, or even solidly democratic voters who aren’t fucking retarded see protesters break into a private neighborhood, are confronted in a legal manner by pink shirt and then see Pink Shirt attacked on CNN and MSNBC as a racist.  The STL DA threatening charges.  Anyone that isn’t hoping to pander to the mob understands it’s totally justified and about fucking time.  (And Pink Shirt is a lawyer who fucking helps poor people, including blacks.)

When you have to go to Fox News for accurate reporting?  Something is really, really wrong.  And the media is really showing it’s true colors.  And the end result is 4 more years of Trump.  

Yes, Univsion said since the gate was unlocked his home was fair game. Trump is a dick but the alternatives are fucking nuts. 

Converse to pay salary of WNBA player who chooses to sit out season

Washington Mystics star Natasha Cloud has decided to skip the 2020 WNBA season. Converse has decided to pay her salary.

“There are a lot of factors that led to this decision, but the biggest one is that I am more than an athlete,” Cloud said in a statement, via NBC 4 in Washington. “I have a responsibility to myself, to my community and to my future children to fight for something that is much bigger than myself and the game of basketball. I will instead continue the fight for social reform, because until black lives matter, all lives can’t matter.”

The WNBA allows players to skip the season without penalty beyond forfeited pay. Cloud, who was due to earn $117,000 this season, does not qualify for payment if she chooses not to play, because she is not considered to be at risk of severe complications if she contracts COVID-19.

“Converse has immense respect for Natasha Cloud’s decision to forgo the WNBA season,” the company said in a statement. “These systemic racial justice issues are bigger than basketball. To be able to put her career and passion on hold in order to devote her energy, voice and platform to change demonstrates her integrity and strength. We are proud to have her on the Converse team, are humbled to match her forfeited players salary and look forward to working together with Natasha on these issues as well as supporting her vision in this space.”

The gesture raises the question of whether and to what extent companies will help pay the salaries of NFL players or other pro athletes who choose not to play this season or whether there will be a broader effort to raise money for players who choose not to play. Much of the outcome depends on the number of players who choose not to play.

Appearing on Tuesday’s #PFTPM, Rodney Harrison suggested that players who already have made plenty of money may be more inclined to skip the season. Many of those players are still earning significant salaries, making the decision to skip a year more costly. Also, players who are concerned about statistics and legacies may have a hard time pressing pause on their careers.

Regardless, Converse’s willingness to cover Natasha Cloud’s salary becomes another angle to the manner in which decisions will be made in other sports, including the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/30/converse-to-pay-salary-of-wnba-player-who-chooses-to-sit-out-season/

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Cool. Then you know that the town is not how you’re representing it because I have family up there too in the Sandpoint area who would love to tell you that you’re full of shit. You can pretend all you want that the whole area is racist or maybe we can meet up together so we can share fishing holes. 

BYW this is where stick-dick says he can’t make it up there because of COVID-19 or some other bullshit. Meet me up there pussy. 

Great you know the area, which means you also must know its history. 

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

Back to the chubby guy in the pink shirt in St. Louis.  I really hope this is the Aziz Ansari moment of this movement.  

And it’s really disturbing to me.  I’m fairly liberal on most issues. I hate Trump.  But the (Non-Fox news) media’s coverage of pink shirt is insane.  

And the problem is that other moderate, or even solidly democratic voters who aren’t fucking retarded see protesters break into a private neighborhood, are confronted in a legal manner by pink shirt and then see Pink Shirt attacked on CNN and MSNBC as a racist.  The STL DA threatening charges.  Anyone that isn’t hoping to pander to the mob understands it’s totally justified and about fucking time.  (And Pink Shirt is a lawyer who fucking helps poor people, including blacks.)

When you have to go to Fox News for accurate reporting?  Something is really, really wrong.  And the media is really showing it’s true colors.  And the end result is 4 more years of Trump.  

When the war goes hot I bet the news media headquarters will be the first buildings to collapse. 

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

Yep and here’s Cuomo being a cum stained asshole 

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Converse to pay salary of WNBA player who chooses to sit out season

Washington Mystics star Natasha Cloud has decided to skip the 2020 WNBA season. Converse has decided to pay her salary.

“There are a lot of factors that led to this decision, but the biggest one is that I am more than an athlete,” Cloud said in a statement, via NBC 4 in Washington. “I have a responsibility to myself, to my community and to my future children to fight for something that is much bigger than myself and the game of basketball. I will instead continue the fight for social reform, because until black lives matter, all lives can’t matter.”

The WNBA allows players to skip the season without penalty beyond forfeited pay. Cloud, who was due to earn $117,000 this season, does not qualify for payment if she chooses not to play, because she is not considered to be at risk of severe complications if she contracts COVID-19.

“Converse has immense respect for Natasha Cloud’s decision to forgo the WNBA season,” the company said in a statement. “These systemic racial justice issues are bigger than basketball. To be able to put her career and passion on hold in order to devote her energy, voice and platform to change demonstrates her integrity and strength. We are proud to have her on the Converse team, are humbled to match her forfeited players salary and look forward to working together with Natasha on these issues as well as supporting her vision in this space.”

The gesture raises the question of whether and to what extent companies will help pay the salaries of NFL players or other pro athletes who choose not to play this season or whether there will be a broader effort to raise money for players who choose not to play. Much of the outcome depends on the number of players who choose not to play.

Appearing on Tuesday’s #PFTPM, Rodney Harrison suggested that players who already have made plenty of money may be more inclined to skip the season. Many of those players are still earning significant salaries, making the decision to skip a year more costly. Also, players who are concerned about statistics and legacies may have a hard time pressing pause on their careers.

Regardless, Converse’s willingness to cover Natasha Cloud’s salary becomes another angle to the manner in which decisions will be made in other sports, including the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/30/converse-to-pay-salary-of-wnba-player-who-chooses-to-sit-out-season/

All my daughter wears is converse. She went to the orthopedist to evaluate her MCL injury and told her “it’s not helping that you wear shitty shoes”

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

All my daughter wears is converse. She went to the orthopedist to evaluate her MCL injury and told her “it’s not helping that you wear shitty shoes”

Chuck Taylor's have as much ankle support as my Rainbow sandals.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

I know. I was there in the back. Watching.

thanks for your generous donation of $1. We know you reached deep.

also, the pens at our product table are free, so there was no need to get all CIA-y on us and act like stealing three of them was quite an accomplishment. you can keep them, and if you like, I can get you some more.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

thanks for your generous donation of $1. We know you reached deep.

also, the pens at our product table are free, so there was no need to get all CIA-y on us and act like stealing three of them was quite an accomplishment. you can keep them, and if you like, I can get you some more.

Please do they are very nice pens. You know where to find me.

12 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Please do they are very nice pens. You know where to find me.

no problems. hey, you wanna come over for dinner tonight? I picked up some fresh veggies earlier this morning while exercising my 2A rights. and you'd be amazed at what a great retriever Mr. Snuffles is.

106172731_10158329200046904_435762901522630647_o.jpg