• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Amid spiking crime, Omar defends bid to slash police budget by $8M

According to police data, more than 500 people have been shot in Minneapolis this year – twice as many as 2019, while murders are up more than 50%. 

So far this year, there have been nearly 5,000 violent crimes, the most in the past five years, the records show

“You lost a big audience the minute you say it,” Obama said of the anti-police effort, adding that “snappy” slogans may draw attention but it “makes it a lot less likely that you’re actually going to get the changes you want done.”

He's absolutely right here. The fact that this whole movement went with "defund the police" as the title of their stated goal/policy platform is one of the single shittiest marketing moves I've ever seen. It would be like a collection of fishermen going up against an animal rights group to open up restricted waters to commercial fishing and naming their movement "murder every single fish". 

i'm still waiting for someone - anyone - to address how the 8 billion pound gorilla in the room is for people to stop breaking the law.

there certainly is a need for some police reform, but there's every bit a need for people to stop committing crimes.

Just now, Tank said:

i'm still waiting for someone - anyone - to address how the 8 billion pound gorilla in the room is for people to stop breaking the law.

there certainly is a need for some police reform, but there's every bit a need for people to stop committing crimes.

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. It's much easier just to blame someone else 

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think this is a supremely stupid take on the matter. When people talk about white privilege this is the kind of shit they're referring to.