Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

     

IGNORED

60 of 5,754 MLB employees test positive for COVID-19 antibodies


mmc

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dreams said:

 

I'll restate what I put in the Covid thread about this... with 123 tests and a positive league wide population rate of 0.7% it would only take one Angel employee for the team's positive rate to be above average (0.8%). Two positive tests would make the team twice the mean and three positive results would make them three times the mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

At this rate we should reach herd immunity in a quarter century or so. Yay team. 

Yeah, it’s a really disappointing study. You’d hope the number of positives for antibodies would have been many multiples what it actually was. This study suggests we are in the very early stages still.

I am getting an antibody test tomorrow. In early February, my daughter came down with a virus that gave her fevers for a number of days, a sore throat, as well as pink eye. She also complained that her food tasted funny. She tested negative for strep.  A week later, my five year old came down with a cough that lasted several weeks. The cough was bad, and he had to use an inhaler and go on steroids. The other three of us had no symptoms. 

So we were hopeful two of my kids may have had it, and the other three of us were asymptomatic.  But it sounds like that might just be wishful thinking. I guess I’ll find out later this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, it’s a really disappointing study. You’d hope the number of positives for antibodies would have been many multiples what it actually was. This study suggests we are in the very early stages still.

I am getting an antibody test tomorrow. In early February, my daughter came down with a virus that gave her fevers for a number of days, a sore throat, as well as pink eye. She also complained that her food tasted funny. She tested negative for strep.  A week later, my five year old came down with a cough that lasted several weeks. The cough was bad, and he had to use an inhaler and go on steroids. The other three of us had no symptoms. 

So we were hopeful two of my kids may have had it, and the other three of us were asymptomatic.  But it sounds like that might just be wishful thinking. I guess I’ll find out later this week. 

Please update us with the antibody test results when you get them. That’s very interesting. Did you pay for that test or did your insurance/.gov provide it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Please update us with the antibody test results when you get them. That’s very interesting. Did you pay for that test or did your insurance/.gov provide it?

I will definitely do so. My daughter actually came down with her illness one week after spending time with my niece, who was really sick with a number of COVID symptoms (including persistent fevers), but tested negative for strep and flu (she was officially diagnosed with a “flu like virus”). And then my daughter’s symptoms were text book COVID, as were my son’s.

So I had been pretty optimistic that perhaps we all got this. But my niece got sick in mid January, which now seems a bit early to have been COVID. From what I understand, while the disease was here at that time, it wasn’t widespread. So the odds my niece had it are extremely slim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, it’s a really disappointing study. You’d hope the number of positives for antibodies would have been many multiples what it actually was. This study suggests we are in the very early stages still.

I am getting an antibody test tomorrow. In early February, my daughter came down with a virus that gave her fevers for a number of days, a sore throat, as well as pink eye. She also complained that her food tasted funny. She tested negative for strep.  A week later, my five year old came down with a cough that lasted several weeks. The cough was bad, and he had to use an inhaler and go on steroids. The other three of us had no symptoms. 

So we were hopeful two of my kids may have had it, and the other three of us were asymptomatic.  But it sounds like that might just be wishful thinking. I guess I’ll find out later this week. 

She said back in February that her food tasted funny?

 

This has to be covid.  Way too many coincidences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

She said back in February that her food tasted funny?

 

This has to be covid.  Way too many coincidences.

My daughter loves to eat. And whatever she was eating that day was probably something she liked. So for her to complain that her food “tasted funny” was definitely unusual. I don’t recall her ever making such a complaint before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wopphil said:

So I had been pretty optimistic that perhaps we all got this. 

I was actually hoping that perhaps I was exposed to it at a low level when I made an Anaheim hockey trip in late February - shortly before the season was shut down. I might have at least developed antibodies.

I haven't been tested yet, have never shown any symptoms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

My daughter loves to eat. And whatever she was eating that day was probably something she liked. So for her to complain that her food “tasted funny” was definitely unusual. I don’t recall her ever making such a complaint before.

It's common for food to taste funny when you are sick. Covid has been more about your food smelling funny...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2020 at 10:36 AM, wopphil said:

My daughter loves to eat. And whatever she was eating that day was probably something she liked. So for her to complain that her food “tasted funny” was definitely unusual. I don’t recall her ever making such a complaint before.

I hope it wasn't the soyrizo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...