• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest One Hit Wonders

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

No, one hit wonders have nothing to do with how long someone played. It's just that, an anomaly of a season compared to career or career averages.

I even posted his stats. This isn't even an argument. He was a mediocre pitcher with one year of Cy Young consideration.....the epitome of one hit wonder.

What are you talking about. Stats can also vary year to year based on league averages and the parks they pitched in. Washburn had a 4.5 war in 2002. He had a 4.3 war in 2005. 3.9 War in 2001. His last season in baseball he had a 3.7 War. Yes 2002 was his best year, but he had several other years that were close. 

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

No, one hit wonders have nothing to do with how long someone played. It's just that, an anomaly of a season compared to career or career averages.

I even posted his stats. This isn't even an argument. He was a mediocre pitcher with one year of Cy Young consideration.....the epitome of one hit wonder.

Sorry but I think you ate wrong.    

On 4/8/2020 at 12:00 AM, Roy Hobbs said:

Boston first album peaked at #3 on Billboard, 17 times Platinum

Second album peaked at #1, 7 times Platinum

Third album peaked at #1, 4 times Platinum

Fourth album peaked at # 7 , 1 time Platinum

Amanda went to number one in 1986.  Hell, my favorite Boston song is the title track of the 2nd album.