• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Biggest One Hit Wonders

21 hours ago, Lou said:

Erstad had seasons where he had an OPS+ of 112 and 114.

Definitely not a one-hour wonder. 

Which is why I clarified that he isn't exactly  a one-year wonder. One of the biggest fluke seasons in franchise history, though, if we define "fluke season" as one which stands out hugely from baseline performance.

45 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Which is why I clarified that he isn't exactly  a one-year wonder. One of the biggest fluke seasons in franchise history, though, if we define "fluke season" as one which stands out hugely from baseline performance.

I was agreeing with you

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Was this the year we were all bracing for a possible .400 year?

He was a monster this year, also in the field.

Yeah, his 2000 season was unreal. Came within one hit of the all time record, i think.

Id take that erstad year against any trout year, personally. Not as much power as recent years trout, but like an exact twin almost of early trout. Leadoff guy with power, multi hit games left and right, highlight reel defense night after night. 

On 4/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, RBM said:

Fascinating legal battle over that song . . .

Suit said the verve “stole” it from the stones, but the fascinating part is the admission from the stones that THEY knowingly “borrowed” the core of the song from somebody else without their permission!

So how can you admit you stole something and then sue someone from stealing what you stole??

In the end, after winning the case (one that they were not personally driving anyway), Mick and Keith gifted it back to the verve.

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

the first album from Boston. fantastic album. they never came anywhere close to living up to it afterwards.

Didn’t need to.  They are one of the most active bands touring today to sellout crowds and have made a fortune.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Didn’t need to.  They are one of the most active bands touring today to sellout crowds and have made a fortune.

get out of here, really? second and third albums were busts, so I wonder what they're playing to stretch a concert to more than 30 minutes.

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, his 2000 season was unreal. Came within one hit of the all time record, i think.

Id take that erstad year against any trout year, personally. Not as much power as recent years trout, but like an exact twin almost of early trout. Leadoff guy with power, multi hit games left and right, highlight reel defense night after night. 

The problem, though, is that Erstad season--while great--was inflated by being in the height of the inflated offense era. A .355 BA then is like .330 today (just an eyeball guess).

That said, it was the best non-Trout Angels season in franchise history. By fWAR:

1. Trout 2013 10.2
  2. Trout 2012 10.1
  3. Trout 2018 9.8
  4. Trout 2016 9.7
  5. Trout 2015 9.3
  6. Erstad 2000 8.7
  7. Trout 2019 8.6
  8. Trout 2014 8.3
  9. Glaus 2000 8.2
  10. DeCinces 1982 7.3

6 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Boston first album peaked at #3 on Billboard, 17 times Platinum

Second album peaked at #1, 7 times Platinum

Third album peaked at #1, 4 times Platinum

Fourth album peaked at # 7 , 1 time Platinum

tumblr_8e3ee26901fcb9b4f360229bf55bc1c6_5fc508d6_500.gif

8 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Boston first album peaked at #3 on Billboard, 17 times Platinum

Second album peaked at #1, 7 times Platinum

Third album peaked at #1, 4 times Platinum

Fourth album peaked at # 7 , 1 time Platinum

wow, i must have been living in a cave when #2, 3, and 4 came out. couldn't tell you a single  song from any of them.

i'm going to crawl off and go fetal for a little bit while i find my dignity once again.

Jason Dickson is an interesting pick. I remember when he was selected as an all-star because of the "every team needs to be represented" rule.

I'll nominate someone and we can discuss it. Jarrod Washburn 2002.

I'm not big on stats or his overall progression, but I think he put up something like 18 wins and was top 5 in the Cy Young voting. It was never replicated and essentially an anomaly.