• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Alex Bregman, Jose Altuve apologize for Astros’ sign-stealing scheme

AngelsWin.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Houston Astros players Alex Bregman and José Altuve said Thursday the team is sorry for its sign-stealing scheme that was investigated and punished by Major League Baseball.

“I am really sorry,” Bregman said.

Astros owner Jim Crane and new manager Dusty Baker – who replaced the fired AJ Hinch – also spoke at a news conference at the team’s spring training facility.

“We cannot take back what happened,” Crane said.

MLB did not punish any players for the cheating and Crane said he stood by that.

We’re not going to do anything to the players,” the owner said.

Altuve said there was a full team meeting Wednesday to discuss what happened.

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred disciplined the Astros after he found the team broke rules by using electronics to steal signs during its run to the 2017 World Series championship and again in the 2018 season.

The Astros were fined $5 million, the maximum allowed under major league rules, and forfeited their next two first- and second-round amateur draft picks.

The investigation found that the Astros used the video feed from a center field camera to view and decode opposing catcher’s signs. Players banged on a trash can to signal to batters what was coming, believing it would improve chances of getting a hit.

View the full article

altuve has been the worst of all of them. i am so unimpressed by his attitude, and his quotes are shameful, since the scandal broke. i see him clearly now, and admit i was taken in by his nice guy persona. he's a bonafide liar and his image is a facade. 

It sounds like some people heard the press conference, but not the interviews afterwards.  

Jim Crane sounded silly and Alex Bregman is a twat, but other than that,  a bunch of them apologized..... move on.  It's crazy how badly people want apologies, but are never satisfied with them. Personally, I just don't want it to happen again.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

I just hope the umpires let the players police this themselves, but sadly they won’t.  

It's funny because the first guy who throws at Bregman will get suspended, yet not a single Astros player will be suspended for a significantly greater offense. 

Manfred is a c*nt nugget.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

It sounds like some people heard the press conference, but not the interviews afterwards.  

Jim Crane sounded silly and Alex Bregman is a twat, but other than that,  a bunch of them apologized..... move on.  It's crazy how badly people want apologies, but are never satisfied with them. Personally, I just don't want it to happen again.  

Oh come on. These quotes aren't being taken out of context. None of these guys has apologized for anything other than getting caught. Share with me one quote from any Astros player that sounds like a reasonable apology sans mayyyybeee Correa.