• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you think we should have overpaid for pitching or are you content with the pitching we've acquired to date?

Torridd

I agree with not overpaying for certain pitchers. However, Eplers bargain basement experiment last year for Cahil and Harvey didn't pan out to well. Unfortunately,  I am even more concerned about what is going on this week. Why is Arte still acting like the GM instead of the owner. We just found out today that Ohtani will not be available to pitch until at least May, why would you back out of a deal that brings us a starting pitcher from the Dodgers? Not to mention a left-handed bat that hit 36 HRs last year? Doesn't make any sense to me.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That was Rich Snyder (one time owner of INO), it was his favorite movie.  That is why almost every INO you go to will have crossed palm trees on the property.  

This is a huge childhood movie memory for me.  One of my really great memories is watching this movie as a whole family along with my grandma and the whole family crying laughing together.

I can only imagine how much fun they had making this movie.

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

Thoughts?

We should have offered the Dogs an extra million or two to keep the trade from falling through.  

Dogs are desperate to get under the cap.  All we were giving up of significance (as far as we know) is Rengifro. 

The only thing that really changed to the dogs were going to be a million over the cap after trade.  So give it to him.

40 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is a huge childhood movie memory for me.  One of my really great memories is watching this movie as a whole family along with my grandma and the whole family crying laughing together.

I can only imagine how much fun they had making this movie.

brilliant comedy ("mama, i'm coming to get ya!"). not sure you could get that much star power in one movie today.

jonathan winters vs. phil silvers is just perfect comedy.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

That was Rich Snyder (one time owner of INO), it was his favorite movie.  That is why almost every INO you go to will have crossed palm trees on the property.  

I thought the crossed trees had to do with religious reasons. I love fun facts. 

Looking back it's easy to say we should have overpaid but at the time the only one I regret us missing out on is Keuchel.  We were never gonna get Cole or Strassburg,

I get that on paper our starting pitching is better than it was last year.  That's an incredibly low bar to clear.  ST is starting and you know that within a few weeks one of our projected starters is gonna go down for at least the first month of the regular season.  I think we're gonna regret not getting more/better pitching, although I understand there weren't many realistic options.