• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

My IT guy at work just got out of the hospital from Covid along with his entire family. I asked him why he never took the vaccine and he said he doesn’t trust what’s in it. I guess he still trusts Covid? People are really stupid about this 

Wait until he gets his deductable charge. Free Vaccine or tens of thousands in medical costs. Not much data to crunch to understand that.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

The recent run on hospital beds, reminiscent of the early days of the pandemic, is occurring largely in states with the lowest vaccination rates.

This can't be true. That's like some cause and effect shit that never happens. Like not wearing seat belts and traffic fatalities, it's all made up stats.

Spanish flu is still around. At some point life goes on for the majority and we drink a beer for those who don’t make it through 

3 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Spanish flu is still around. At some point life goes on for the majority and we drink a beer for those who don’t make it through 

Our immune systems will eventually adapt. Natural selection will also go to work and the unvaccinated will participate in that first. Maybe the vaccine will shrink our genitals as we age but at least we will get to live a little longer to enjoy our lives 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

My IT guy at work just got out of the hospital from Covid along with his entire family. I asked him why he never took the vaccine and he said he doesn’t trust what’s in it. I guess he still trusts Covid? People are really stupid about this 

Over the last 2 weeks, I've heard things like that, but also more commonly a lot of remorse. The last 5 or so days on the unit have been brutal, just brutal. Some really heartbreaking and likely preventable shit. It'll continue to be awful for 2-3 more weeks here.

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

I've heard things like that and also a lot of remorse over the last two weeks. The last 5 or so days on the unit have been brutal, just brutal. Some really heartbreaking and likely preventable shit.

I’ve talked with a few people at work that had Covid over the past year and got really sick from it. They’re walking around scared they’re going to get it again but refuse to take the vaccine. I really do not understand why people think this way. I’m not going to be like Cals and laugh when these people do get sick but it is hard to have compassion on them 

11 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

You're not wrong in the grand scheme of things, bit It's clearly not "some point," despite all the hopes we had a few months ago. This may fade quickly and it may not, but right now it's a raging inferno.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Our immune systems will eventually adapt. Natural selection will also go to work and the unvaccinated will participate in that first. Maybe the vaccine will shrink our genitals as we age but at least we will get to live a little longer to enjoy our lives 

I’m for the vaccine but I’m done with mask and cancellations. Time for people to get off their ass and back to school/work. If you’re old stay home. I don’t get the hate towards anti vaxers either. We are wearing mask because supposedly everyone spreads it. If a person chooses to assume the risk and dies it’s on them. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

I’m for the vaccine but I’m done with mask and cancellations. Time for people to get off their ass and back to school/work. If you’re old stay home. I don’t get the hate towards anti vaxers either. We are wearing mask because supposedly everyone spreads it. If a person chooses to assume the risk and dies it’s on them. 

I think the hate of anti-vaxers is because they’re the ones preventing your first sentence from happening. 

2 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

You're not wrong in the grand scheme of things, bit It's clearly not "some point," despite all the hopes we had a few months ago. This may fade quickly and it may not, but right now it's a raging inferno.

I guess I’m looking long term and big picture. Our enemies aren’t taking covid breaks. They continue to produce, train, and prepare to become post covid superpowers. We aren’t producing as we should and our military isn’t training to standard.  

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the hate of anti-vaxers is because they’re the ones preventing your first sentence from happening. 

Not really cause the mask mandate is for everyone. What the gov is doing is the old mass punishment. Military uses it a lot. We make everyone’s life hell and the conformists will eventually pressure or intimidate others to comply. 

On 8/11/2021 at 3:15 PM, Lhalo said:

The CDC is full of shit? Who knew?!!!

CDC amends Florida’s COVID-19 numbers after pushback from state officials

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention adjusted its COVID-19 tracking for the state of Florida on Tuesday as confusion over reporting practices sparked a feud between federal and state authorities.

After the CDC website showed record high numbers for Sunday, Aug. 8, the Florida Department of Health balked, accusing the agency of folding several days of new cases into one.

The gap was significant, with the CDC initially claiming there were 28,317 new cases on Sunday, while the Florida DOH puts that number at 15,319.

On Tuesday the CDC adjusted its number down to 19,584.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/cdc-amends-floridas-covid-19-numbers-after-inaccuracies/

On 8/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, cals said:

Oh heavens!

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Kotchman said:

CDC accidentally entered the Biden algorithms in their dominion software 

Who knew?!?! I'm just glad we could trust Florida's numbers rather than those of the CDC, as Florida has always been a bastion of accurate data reporting as you can see:

Screenshot_20210819-193721_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Jason said:

If Trump came out, announced that he got the vaccine and took credit for the creation of the vaccines (Operation Warp Speed), maybe the antivax crowd would be swayed to do the right thing.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If Trump came out, announced that he got the vaccine and took credit for the creation of the vaccines (Operation Warp Speed), maybe the antivax crowd would be swayed to do the right thing.

Trump has said he has the vaccine. I think he's even encouraging people to get it. It's absolutely insane how it's been politicized, and not necessarily by Trump. I bet if Trump was still POTUS, SIDES! would roll into play.

It's unreal.

If you know somebody that's high risk and isn't vaccinated, please urge them to get vaccinated. The last moments of a COVID patient before intubation are harrowing to be present for.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The vaccine skepticism has little to do with Trump. The only thing I can think of is people read too much nonsense on their social media 

2 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Trump has said he has the vaccine. I think he's even encouraging people to get it. It's absolutely insane how it's been politicized, and not necessarily by Trump. I bet if Trump was still POTUS, SIDES! would roll into play.

It's unreal.

If you know somebody that's high risk and isn't vaccinated, please urge them to get vaccinated. The last moments of a COVID patient before intubation are harrowing to be present for.

Every high-risk person I know has gotten the vaccine, thankfully.

3 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's unreal.

One of my coworkers is over weight, has asthma and some neurological issues. They refuse to get the vaccine. Her sister got the vaccine and a week later got sick with some issue with her bowels. She blames the vaccine for whatever happened to her sisters intestines 

Edited by Jason