• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Truth:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/11/third-surge-breaking-healthcare-workers/617091/

With widespread outbreaks now vs what we saw in spring and summer, the staffing is going to be very difficult. The situation will test some of our healthcare systems and the workers immensely. Earlier this year, large numbers of healthcare workers would descend on the hot spots, take a break and move to the next. Massive and dispersed spread will not be able to be addressed this way. We already didn't have enough personnel before this.

I'll take the damn vaccine the very moment that I can.

Thank you so much for what you do, Rally. I know you'd never consider yourself to be one, but you are a hero.

Just now, fishbulb said:

lolwut?

The rich will be the first to get it.  Because their private doctors will get their hands on it.  

Where as the first responders and such will have to rely on the government to distribute.  And considering how volatile the vaccine is, I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the first doses are ruled to be ineffective due to incorrect storage/transportation/administration.  

So again, the rich will get it first.

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The rich will be the first to get it.  Because their private doctors will get their hands on it.  

Where as the first responders and such will have to rely on the government to distribute.  And considering how volatile the vaccine is, I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the first doses are ruled to be ineffective due to incorrect storage/transportation/administration.  

So again, the rich will get it first.

You're probably right, but let's hope for the best.

28 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I appreciate what rally does too, but this comes across sooooo gay.

Tbf he just copy/pasted the note he left on Patrick Duffy's birthday card for his 70th.

Obviously comparing rally to the Duff is an egregious error but we all make mistakes.

Let’s here your “hero” stories @fishbulb. Something about lack of sleep because reasons haha. The only people dying of Covid are people who would have died of the regular flu anyway. Quit pretending you are someone special that needs the “vaccine” before everyone else. You’re just another normal person with a normal job. You are not special. 

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Larry is right.  I’m the only hero here.  I got the Covid so I could go to tittle bars safely again.  When will people recognize my sacrifices?

We all appreciate you for your sacrifices. Btw, in my unofficial “people Don knows with Covid study”, the number has gone from 6 total (March through last week) to roughly 20 total in the last two weeks. Not exactly scientific, but for a guy that only loves insular drunks and gamblers, I feel like it’s significant.

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

In all honesty I’d like to know what @fishbulb does for a living. He carries himself as a hero against Covid which I think is hilarious. Working at a hospital isn’t anything special. 

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Let’s here your “hero” stories @fishbulb. Something about lack of sleep because reasons haha. The only people dying of Covid are people who would have died of the regular flu anyway. Quit pretending you are someone special that needs the “vaccine” before everyone else. You’re just another normal person with a normal job. You are not special. 

I'm not carrying myself as a hero and don't see myself as one. I do take this situation seriously and I'm not wholly dismissive of it like you are. I don't pretend that I'm special and need the vaccine before everyone else, I just think that due to my work I'll be offered it relatively early in the process. Given that, I'll take it when I can.

You are right: I'm a normal person with a what I consider to be a normal job. I have more exposure to this situation than most on this board, but that doesn't make me special at all. You're doing a lot of projection of your own feelings here.

As far as what I do: as @calscufsaid, I work in a hospital gift shop.

I'm no sure why you have to be such a whiny bitch here, but it's most definitely how you roll. If it affords you some peace, cool.

Does Larry need a hug?

7 hours ago, Don said:

Btw, in my unofficial “people Don knows with Covid study”, the number has gone from 6 total (March through last week) to roughly 20 total in the last two weeks. Not exactly scientific, but for a guy that only loves insular drunks and gamblers, I feel like it’s significant.

Nah. We're cool. Carry on.