• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Super Bowl LIV Thread

Tank

You need to contain Mahomes...

The 9ers have struggled with the likes of Wilson, Murray and Jackson

On the plus side, Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander have been healthy for the post season, which helps to chase down the speedy QBs.

This season the 9ers have won ugly against the Steelers, wont in dominant fashion with the defense and the run game and have slugged it out with the likes of the Saints and the Ravens.  

Everybody over looks the likes of Samuel, Sanders and Bourne on the offensive side.  They can put up big numbers if necessary.

If the 9ers get a lead in the Superbowl, unlike the last two weeks, the need to keep the foot down on the gas pedal otherwise the Chiefs will blow right by them.

I hope my team wins, but think this will be a good game with a few interesting storylines. I like Pat and the offense against anyone in the league (especially since it's an offensive league), but really like the 9ers D....mainly their pass rush. But now that the O-line of KC is finally somewhat healthy they have been able to shut down animals like JJ Watt and Jurrell Casey in the playoffs. So I'm probably most curious about that aspect of the game. Mahomes is going to make plays and get his regardless, but the 9ers aren't a team I feel like we can get away with some of the dumb shit like we have in the playoffs with penalties and dropped passes.

Another thing I'm curious about is the 9ers rushing attack versus the Chiefs D. Maybe I'm too critical because there are times the D will give up the big rushing plays, but they also just stopped the best running back in the league last game that also has a kickass O-line. The Chiefs have arguably been the best defense in the league since week 9 or 10 (I forget the week, but they have given up the least amount of points since then), but I like the SF offense.

Two really great and complete teams should make for a good game to where it might come down to something like turnovers, 3rd down %, or even something like a special teams play that I know a guy like Mecole Hardman is capable of.....who ironically was the catalyst for the comeback against Houston.

Pretty nervous because of the stage and the Chiefs being somewhat of a young team. So I can see errors, drops, or turnovers. But of all the sports teams I like or support, the Chiefs have been the only one in my lifetime to never get to this stage or win the big one and they are so close. It's like us dudes here that endured the 90's Angels to get to 2002 or even those really good 2000+ teams that were solid but seemed to always find a way to lose in the playoffs, even though I have lasted 38 years of futility or disappointment.

Exciting time. Friends and family have sent me pics from all the playoff games and just little things regarding the excitement. It reminds me of the buzz in SoCal when the Angels were making that 2002 run and you could feel the excitement or it felt like everyone you talked to or ran into wanted to talk about the team.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, Brandon said:

I hope my team wins, but think this will be a good game with a few interesting storylines. I like Pat and the offense against anyone in the league (especially since it's an offensive league), but really like the 9ers D....mainly their pass rush. But now that the O-line of KC is finally somewhat healthy they have been able to shut down animals like JJ Watt and Jurrell Casey in the playoffs. So I'm probably most curious about that aspect of the game. Mahomes is going to make plays and get his regardless, but the 9ers aren't a team I feel like we can get away with some of the dumb shit like we have in the playoffs with penalties and dropped passes.

Another thing I'm curious about is the 9ers rushing attack versus the Chiefs D. Maybe I'm too critical because there are times the D will give up the big rushing plays, but they also just stopped the best running back in the league last game that also has a kickass O-line. The Chiefs have arguably been the best defense in the league since week 9 or 10 (I forget the week, but they have given up the least amount of points since then), but I like the SF offense.

Two really great and complete teams should make for a good game to where it might come down to something like turnovers, 3rd down %, or even something like a special teams play that I know a guy like Mecole Hardman is capable of.....who ironically was the catalyst for the comeback against Houston.

Pretty nervous because of the stage and the Chiefs being somewhat of a young team. So I can see errors, drops, or turnovers. But of all the sports teams I like or support, the Chiefs have been the only one in my lifetime to never get to this stage or win the big one and they are so close. It's like us dudes here that endured the 90's Angels to get to 2002 or even those really good 2000+ teams that were solid but seemed to always find a way to lose in the playoffs, even though I have lasted 38 years of futility or disappointment.

Exciting time. Friends and family have sent me pics from all the playoff games and just little things regarding the excitement. It reminds me of the buzz in SoCal when the Angels were making that 2002 run and you could feel the excitement or it felt like everyone you talked to or ran into wanted to talk about the team.

With the 49ers D...Most casual 49er fans only really know Bosa...but it's a healthy Dee Ford (you know what he is capable of), with Bosa, Armstead, and Buckner.  The line backers, with a healthy Alexander to go along with Warner and the emergence of Greenlaw are very fast and very good in coverage.  Moseley and Sherman just shut down Devante Adams and stopped Jones and the week before shut down Cook and the Vikings.  They can handle the RBs and Wideouts...what scares me about the matchup between the 49ers and the Cheifs is Mahomes.  Mobile QB's, like Kyler Murray, Wilson, Jackson and Mahomes have killed the 49ers.  The D-Line is ultra aggressive and sometimes the lanes and containment break down.  If that is the case....it will be a long night for the 49ers.

On the otherside, Mostert is the feel good story of the year.  The dude has been huge this year....If Coleman is healthy, the running game is dangerous.  What really throws off most teams, is the running game will involve Kittle and Samuel.  Very physical runners (RB's included).  They always are picking up extra yardage after contact.  Jimmy G can, if necessary chuck the rock, he just needs not to make the bonehead throws and reads.

This should be a very good game.