• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Super Bowl LIV Thread

Tank

Entertaining game.  Neither team used a time out until the last few minutes in each half and I'm curious how often that happens especially in the playoffs.  Props to KC while San Fran did their part by shitting the bed in the fourth quarter.  The Mahomes to Hill big play was a game changer I just don't know how the secondary let Hill get that wide open because on replay he turned the DB and was all alone until after he caught the ball.  On San Fran's second to last offensive drive even if no one was open I don't know how you take a sack on 4th down because throwing it away or even throwing a long pick gives KC worse field position.  Didn't watch the halftime show and don't care what they did or how amazing the twitterverse thinks it was.  Up next the draft in a little over two months.    

Huge 4th quarter by the Chiefs, total domination at the best absolute time

Mahomes >>>>>>>> Jimmy G., Mostert still got his yards but nothing like two weeks ago.

Congrats Chiefs fans!

Groundhog Day commercial was good.    The Doritos one also was, classic Sam Elliott.   Sabra Hummus one was star studded (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!), plus I like the product. 

Bud Seltzer one, no freaking way, was stupid. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

The winners of the commercials fun?

WWE?

FOUR commercials that including WWE folks:    Sabra Hummus (Ric Flair), Michelob Ultra (John Cena), Discover (Daniel Bryan), and Pizza Hut (Roman Reigns and Sasha Banks)

Not to mention the Rock doing an intro for the game itself   

Speaking of which, Vince McMahon's second XFL attempt debuts in 5 days.    Two former college star QBs taking part in the league this time: Cardale Jones and Aaron Murray  

Overs/unders on how long this XFL lasts?

Edited by Angel Oracle

While most of you saps had to watch the game from your tiny little tv's at home, or at your mom's house...some of us actually went to go to the game...and had pretty good seats too boot!

image2.jpeg

Not sure how many of you have been lucky enough to go to a SuperBowl. Must say, it was pretty awesome. The vibe is unlike any other sporting event (2002 Game 7 is still my favorite sporting event of course...but the atmosphere doesn't quite compare).

About the only downside, outside of the team I was rooting for losing, was the clown DJ Khaled performing pregame. What the fuck does he do outside of hit play and yell his name everyone once in awhile?

National Anthem was impressive, especially with the sunset as a backdrop. Didn't have a great view of the flyover, but NFL can certainly put on a national anthem.

Halftime show was quite a production as well. A lot different than watching it on tv I imagine. Everyone had wristbands which were choreographed to the show, so the entire stadium would flash and wave in different colors. Lasers/fireworks...was like a giant Vegas production. Couldn't see much of the performers.

image1.jpeg

Game itself was fun, not a fan of the tomahawk chop, but it's a cool vibe to hear 30,000+ people chanting it.

Damn Chiefs made my 49er post game party tickets kind of worthless...but was a fun game to watch and overall a pretty amazing experience.

image0.jpeg

30 minutes ago, red321 said:

National Anthem was impressive, especially with the sunset as a backdrop.

couldn't see the sunset but thought demi lovato absolutely nailed it. have heard her sing here and there and came away very unimpressed. thought she absolutely crushed it on sunday, as good as whitney houston's version.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Next time you go bring a good camera. 

Thought about it...but was such a quick turnaround and didn't want to deal with hassle of bringing camera into the stadium, especially with rules about how big a camera/lens you could bring in.

Just ribbing you but you are right, the restrictions on lens length is a problem. I know a guy that shoots Arizona MiLB baseball for a Facebook page and doesn't really want to hassle the press credential however sometimes he gets the over zealous gate guy that wants to turn him away because of an often vague rule about overall camera size.