• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alden Gonzalez: Scioscia defends decision to return Trout to left

I like how Mike's taking the credit for his resurgence by making the decision to bat him ahead of the Hitter Formerly Known As Albert Pujols. I guess it has nothing to do with working hard, making adjustments and changing his batting stance.

I like how Mike's taking the credit for his resurgence by making the decision to bat him ahead of the Hitter Formerly Known As Albert Pujols. I guess it has nothing to do with working hard, making adjustments and changing his batting stance.

I guess pitchers are fearful of that great Pujols .246 average and .733 ops numbers.

yeah...that was the point of Mike's comments, to get credit for Trout hitting well. Way to read in between the lines

how the hell is Bourjos a better CF than trout???

jesus christ, let trout in CF and put bourjos in left. why mess things up?

telling your best player on the team that he has to make room for a mediocre player because he is not as good as him ? thats a bitchslap right there, especially after he has made some spectacular plays last year, don't mess with a 21yo superstar like that, there is no reason. MS is an egomaniac.

LOL. Yes, Bourjos is a better CF than Trout. It doesn't "mess things up" to play Bourjos in CF and Trout in LF. It's not about "making room for a mediocre player" which Bourjos is not btw, it's about taking two very good defenders and placing them both in positions that maximize their skill sets for the betterment of the team. 

telling your best player on the team that he has to make room for a mediocre player because he is not as good as him ? thats a bitchslap right there, especially after he has made some spectacular plays last year, don't mess with a 21yo superstar like that, there is no reason. MS is an egomaniac.

Angels manager Mike Scioscia reiterated what he's said all along on Thursday: When Peter Bourjos returns from the disabled list, he'll once again be the everyday center fielder, and Mike Trout will go back to left field.

View the full article

New drinking game:

1.  have a sip of beer every time someone on this board says Scioscia is stubborn!

2.  drink a whole beer every time someone on this board says Scioscia is stupid!

3. a shot every time someone says Scioscia is deliberately trying to get fired!

4.  Two shots every time someone says Scioscia needs to be slapped!

God almighty people will go to great lengths to find something negative!

telling your best player on the team that he has to make room for a mediocre player because he is not as good as him ? thats a bitchslap right there, especially after he has made some spectacular plays last year, don't mess with a 21yo superstar like that, there is no reason. MS is an egomaniac.That

That should be two shots because of the term "bitch slapped"

Because another poster disagreed with another's premise that equates to "Getting Told"?

Other than a slightly stronger throwing arm, Bourjos is not a better centerfielder.

dont you want the stronger arm in center?

and the "getting told" comment was more of a joke Ed..lighten up

dont you want the stronger arm in center?

and the "getting told" comment was more of a joke Ed..lighten up

LOL Yeah, I probably should. I am ok with Bourjos being in CF. He plays the position real well. It will certainly be good to have him back in the lineup. With the type of season Trout had last year, and because of his talent I just hope moving him around doesn't effect his overall play. Trout does not have a bad arm like some people insist. He has an average arm for a centerfielder with good accuracy and a quick release. It is not as if he throws like Johnny Damon. In the same line of thought,Bourjos does have a stronger throwing arm, but it isn't Francoeur or Harper like either.

Bourjos is the better CF and should be in center.  Trout is unbelievably athletic, takes great routes/great reads, and makes some sensational catches, but (especially now that Trout has added some muscle) I think bourjos is faster.  I think Bourjos looks less sensational because he simply makes a lot of the catches that others (including Trout sometimes) would have to dive for standing up.  

New drinking game:

1.  have a sip of beer every time someone on this board says Scioscia is stubborn!

2.  drink a whole beer every time someone on this board says Scioscia is stupid!

3. a shot every time someone says Scioscia is deliberately trying to get fired!

4.  Two shots every time someone says Scioscia needs to be slapped!

I passed out.

Because another poster disagreed with another's premise that equates to "Getting Told"?

Other than a slightly stronger throwing arm, Bourjos is not a better centerfielder.

Actually, he has a better and that matters, but he also takes better routes and gets better reads on balls which gives him better range. Bourjos is a better CF. 

LOL Yeah, I probably should. I am ok with Bourjos being in CF. He plays the position real well. It will certainly be good to have him back in the lineup. With the type of season Trout had last year, and because of his talent I just hope moving him around doesn't effect his overall play. Trout does not have a bad arm like some people insist. He has an average arm for a centerfielder with good accuracy and a quick release. It is not as if he throws like Johnny Damon. In the same line of thought,Bourjos does have a stronger throwing arm, but it isn't Francoeur or Harper like either.

No one has said he has a bad arm Ed or come anywhere close to equating it to Johnny Damon's arm. It's not a good CF arm. Bourjos has a legit CF arm. 

Although I think a players defensive comfort level does has a small effect on their offense, if the coaching staff thinks he won't miss a beat then fine by me. 

My eyes tell me that Trout is an excellent CFer and an average LFer.  His arm is below average and it's why he's not an elite OFer. 

While I agree that you need a stronger arm to play CF than LF, your ability to range is much more important to being a good CFer whereas in LF, your arm strength is equally as important as your ability to range. 

I don't know what Bourjos would be able to do in LF, but he is an elite CFer.  Arguably the best in baseball or at least top 3. 

Either way, I think their is marginal difference. 

Slightly stronger??  Have you not seen baserunners exploit Trout's arm by taking extra bases?  They won't do that with Bourjos.