• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bauer's holiday starts off with a bang

fan_since79

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Bauer buying a $300k car is like a guy who makes $75k/yr buying a $12k car.

true, the difference being when the gravy train stops 12k isn't going to get you anywhere, but an extra 300k could be all the difference between set and busto.

49 minutes ago, ukyah said:

true, the difference being when the gravy train stops 12k isn't going to get you anywhere, but an extra 300k could be all the difference between set and busto.

what about the other 10+m he didn't spend?  His career earnings after 2020 will be 50m.  If he's spending all of it and has no assets then he's a complete moron.  

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I remember a couple years ago parking my old Honda Civic at a Subway near the Long Beach Airport and lo and behold, a guy in a beautiful orange McLaren 675 parks in front of me. The guy gets out wearing old jeans and a t-shirt and walks to Subway to order a sandwich. I just stood there and looked at the car, unbelieving the scene. Took pictures but they were destroyed when an SD card in my phone somehow got deleted because of a glitch. But believe me, I saw it.

Retail cost for a new 675 is around $350,000.

I went to a Walgreens a few miles from my house several years ago. Parked in front of the store was a Bentley convertible. Around the corner, sleeping on a bench was a homeless woman. 

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Come to the Middle East and watch Bangledeshis wash Rolls Royces with dirty rags dipped in buckets of dish soap. McLarens and Ferraris cruising the strip next to Nissan Sentras and Hilux pickups 

I'm a no.

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

what about the other 10+m he didn't spend?  His career earnings after 2020 will be 50m.  If he's spending all of it and has no assets then he's a complete moron.  

i'm going to give you credit for being a smart enough guy to understand the general point i was making and also having the situational awareness to understand both that bankruptcy is a reality in professional athletics and why.

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

One less death machine on the road.

Signed,

Geoff @Spirit

A McLaren can accelerate from 0-60 mph in under 2.8 seconds, and will go on to reach a top speed of 217 mph.

People need that kind of power in a car like they need a machine gun to protect themselves.

21 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I remember a couple years ago parking my old Honda Civic at a Subway near the Long Beach Airport and lo and behold, a guy in a beautiful orange McLaren 675 parks in front of me. The guy gets out wearing old jeans and a t-shirt and walks to Subway to order a sandwich. I just stood there and looked at the car, unbelieving the scene. Took pictures but they were destroyed when an SD card in my phone somehow got deleted because of a glitch. But believe me, I saw it.

Retail cost for a new 675 is around $350,000.

Another high-end car story: Several years ago, I was at a car wash in the neighborhood. Ahead of me was a high end Lotus. I was driving a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis with about 175,000 miles on it that I paid cash for when I needed something to drive while in Chapter 13. 

I have also seen a lime green Lamborghini Huracan parked in my neighborhood several times. Most of the houses probably cost less than the car when they were new.

6 hours ago, Spirit said:

A McLaren can accelerate from 0-60 mph in under 2.8 seconds, and will go on to reach a top speed of 217 mph.

People need that kind of power in a car like they need a machine gun to protect themselves.

Why would you need a machine gun when you have a 2-ton death machine?

18 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Come to the Middle East and watch Bangledeshis wash Rolls Royces with dirty rags dipped in buckets of dish soap. McLarens and Ferraris cruising the strip next to Nissan Sentras and Hilux pickups 

Yeah the shitty part of the Middle East.