• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Angelswin.com's Top 30 Angels Prospects for 2020

AngelsWin.com

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

How about Michael Young as a Wilson comp? He won't have a lifetime .300 BA, but Young played in the 90s-00s live ball era, so his numbers are inflated. Actually, Howie might also be somewhat similar.

I actually like this comp. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:27 AM, Stradling said:

If Wilson is anywhere close to Michael Young then he’s about to be the one of the best picks in his draft class.  .300 lifetime average, Hit .300 8 or 9 times in his career, near .350 OBP in his career, 2400 hits.  Yea I’ll take that. 

I'd love for him to be somewhere between Brian Dozier and Michael Young.

Bradish was ranked 19th on our Angelswin.com Top 30 Prospect list. The rest of the pitchers in the Bundy deal were unranked although I had Mattson at the bottom of my personal list.

This is a good trade that meets our needs now and gives the Orioles a variety of lottery tickets, one or two of which might actually pan out for them in the long run, so my initial reaction is that it is a good trade for both sides.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Bradish was ranked 19th on our Angelswin.com Top 30 Prospect list. The rest of the pitchers in the Bundy deal were unranked although I had Mattson at the bottom of my personal list.

This is a good trade that meets our needs now and gives the Orioles a variety of lottery tickets, one or two of which might actually pan out for them in the long run, so my initial reaction is that it is a good trade for both sides.

Yeah, this Bundy trade didn't put even a scratch on our farm system. Still looking good! 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah, this Bundy trade didn't put even a scratch on our farm system. Still looking good! 

It reminds me a bit of the Huston Street trade! Rondons!

EDIT: However, for the record, I did like both Mattson and Bradish, particularly the former. Both can become at the minimum good relievers I think.

6 minutes ago, ettin said:

It reminds me a bit of the Huston Street trade! Rondons!

EDIT: However, for the record, I did like both Mattson and Bradish, particularly the former. Both can become at the minimum good relievers I think.

Yeah but remember R.J. Alvarez who had lights out stuff in the minors and looked like he was a sure bet to be a setup guy or closer. 

I'm happy with two years of Bundy over some minor league hopefuls that aren't in the top 15 prospects list.

57 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah but remember R.J. Alvarez who had lights out stuff in the minors and looked like he was a sure bet to be a setup guy or closer. 

I'm happy with two years of Bundy over some minor league hopefuls that aren't in the top 15 prospects list.

That's the thing about minor league relievers. The numbers really don't matter until they get to the majors. Either there is projection or there isn't. 

R.J Alvarez, Michael Kohn, Nick Maronde etc....

The best indicator of success among the minor league relievers is still velocity and out pitch. 

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

In case anyone's wondering, with Kyle Bradish now out of the org, everyone moves up and Jeremy Beasley becomes #30 on the Angelswin list (Mattson was in the #32-35 range...not exactly sure).

Best known for: One of the rare American pitchers to go with a splitter heavy approach (similar to many Japanese pitchers). Good sink to it. Could turn into a ground ball machine soon.