• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strasburg Opts out...

halonatic13

Let it begin.

stephen-strasburg-nationals.jpg

In a development that promises to have far-reaching implications on this offseason’s free agent market, starter Stephen Strasburg has decided to opt out of the remaining four years and $100MM on his contract with the Nationals, as first reported by Mark Feinsand of MLB.com (link). As Feinsand notes in a follow-up tweet, the present-day value of the remaining money on his Nationals deal is closer to $88MM, due to the original agreement’s heavily deferred structure.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/stephen-strasburg-opts-out-of-nationals-contract.html

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

This postseason was another reality check that this team is several years away from being competitive. They need to make moves now with 2023+ in mind. Signing 30 something year old pitchers to massive contracts doesn't fit that timeline. 

Everything is about timing. It’s crazy to think that Pujols is going to be starting his 9th season here and we never won a playoff game with him on the roster. I know we need pitching but I think our hitting lacks the clutch needed to advance deep into the postseason.  We need another slugger in the lineup. 

accurate

4 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Everything is about timing. It’s crazy to think that Pujols is going to be starting his 9th season here and we never won a playoff game with him on the roster. I know we need pitching but I think our hitting lacks the clutch needed to advance deep into the postseason.  We need another slugger in the lineup. 

Aren't you the one who said Trout would never sign an extension with the Angels? Who did you think would sign Ohtani? Just trying to get an idea of how accurate your predictions have been.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I kinda don't want Strasburg. We already have an injury plague upon our rotation as is. He'd probably pitch a CGSO in game 1 then Heaney gives him a celebratory punch in the arm, causing both arms to fall off, then Ohtani trips on one of the arms and breaks his arm trying to stop his fall.

Simmons would break his arm diving to try and catch Ohtani before he fell. Cozart would blink and immediately sever several tendons. Pujols would get up to help everyone it but he can't because of his knees, Upton would get up to run to the trainers office to get everyone help and stub his toe on the doorway and break it, then he'd get turf toe walking back to his locker, and the rest of the team wouldn't move a muscle for fear of injury, so there would be complete stillness in the clubhouse, then La Stella would spontaneously combust. 

Fortunately for us, the Angels would still be a semi competitive team because Trout wasn't in the clubhouse. He was in the weight room. As soon as he made eye contact with one of the weights, he'd grow another muscle. And neither were Marsh and Adell. They were in the showers..... Together..... Because tdawg is into that sort of thing

Edited by Second Base

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I kinda don't want Strasburg. We already have an injury plague upon our rotation as is. He'd probably pitch a CGSO in game 1 then Heaney gives him a celebratory punch in the arm, causing both arms to fall off, then Ohtani trips on one of the arms and breaks his arm trying to stop his fall.

I'm going to continue my crusade on this: there's no need to call it a complete game shutout.  Something is either a shutout or not.  There is no "incomplete game" shutout.  No need to qualify it.

image.png

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm surprised the Nats didn't try to extend him...

When the Angels went through this with Upton, they had almost 5 weeks to figure it out. The Nats had 3 days. 

I would not be surprised if the Nats still re-sign him. The fact that he signed a previous extension, which few Boras guys do, tells you he’s pretty happy there. 

20 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm going to continue my crusade on this: there's no need to call it a complete game shutout.  Something is either a shutout or not.  There is no "incomplete game" shutout.  No need to qualify it.

image.png

Shut the F*ck up 

26 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

When the Angels went through this with Upton, they had almost 5 weeks to figure it out. The Nats had 3 days. 

I would not be surprised if the Nats still re-sign him. The fact that he signed a previous extension, which few Boras guys do, tells you he’s pretty happy there. 

Yep, looks like it was just procedural and they are working towards and extension.

37 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yep and they should just let him walk or offer him less so he can try his luck elsewhere. Just like we should’ve done.