• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels cut Bour, Tropeano, Garcia, Cowart, and Del Pozo

mmc

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, you've never been one of the comedic dudes here, so it makes sense. You argue with random strangers in the political forum and like knock knock jokes.

Knock, knock...

Whose there?

Brandon.

Brandon who?

Bran-don be a jerk...

If you don't like my jokes, comments or gifs - just put me on ignore.

Edited by True Grich

6 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Justin Bour and Luís García, two of the players acquired in what turned out to be a forgettable offseason for the Angels last winter, were set loose after one season with the team.

Bour and García both elected free agency after the Angels’ removed them from the 40-man roster, the team announced on Monday.

Nick Tropeano, Kaleb Cowart and Miguel Del Pozo also elected free agency.

Bour, García and Tropeano were all eligible for free agency, so all were likely to be non-tendered this winter.

Bour, 31, signed last winter for $2.5 million, but ended up spending much of the season in Triple-A. He hit .172 with eight homers and a .623 OPS in 170 plate appearances with the Angels.

García, 32, was acquired from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for José Álvarez. García posted a 4.35 ERA, with a WHIP of 1.5.

García and Bour would have each been due to make more than $3 million in arbitration.

Tropeano’s career has been stalled by injuries, and he pitched in just three games in the big leagues this year. Cowart has always been an outstanding defensive third baseman, but he never was able to find success at the plate, and this year the Angels also tried him as a pitcher. Del Pozo, a left-handed reliever, was acquired from the Texas Rangers in August and made his big league debut with the Angels this year.

Great post

3 hours ago, RBM said:

Tropeano is out of options and was going to get $1.1 M or more in arbitration. Keeping him was never a consideration by anyone who gets paid to understand the process and make recommendations or decisions. 

They probably should have got rid of him sooner.  That's the bad part about any depth.  

13 hours ago, RBM said:

Tropeano is out of options and was going to get $1.1 M or more in arbitration. Keeping him was never a consideration by anyone who gets paid to understand the process and make recommendations or decisions. 

1.1 is hardly expensive, if that is considered a difference maker for us then you can forget about Cole etc... 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not sure I understand why @Brandon has an issue with @True Grich.  I don’t think any normal person has ever had an issue with TG.  He’s been here forever but for some reason B is treating him like he’s an asshole.  And yes @Taylor has had a strong year of posting.  

Let's just all move on....

600_GroupHug_0-1528485848.gif

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the lack of options was the problem.  

plus, why overpay regardless of the total expense.  

Options for whom right now?    As of today i would think he would be in the rotation pending acquisitions.   I know that the plan but until that plan actually happens, its a risk.  
Plus how is 1.1 an overpay in todays game? 
I hope it becomes moot

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’m not sure I understand why @Brandon has an issue with @True Grich.  I don’t think any normal person has ever had an issue with TG.  He’s been here forever but for some reason B is treating him like he’s an asshole.  And yes @Taylor has had a strong year of posting.  

Strad has spoken. Now we just need Jeff Fletcher to weigh in, and we're set.

28 minutes ago, floplag said:

Options for whom right now?    As of today i would think he would be in the rotation pending acquisitions.   I know that the plan but until that plan actually happens, its a risk.  
Plus how is 1.1 an overpay in todays game? 
I hope it becomes moot

options meaning they can't send him down to the minors without releasing him.  

even when they had plenty of opportunity at the end of the year, he was sitting on the bench due to injury I think.  His last start was 8.29.  

Right now it's Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Peters ahead of him on the depth chart.  

What does 'today's game' have to do with anything.  They should pay him what they think he's worth.  You don't give a guy an extra half mil because the total amount you would have to pay isn't that much on a relative basis.  

It's already moot.  To a similar point you made about whether saving that money would make a difference, if we need Tropeano in any meaningful way next year, we're screwed.  

BTW, don't be surprised if he ends up coming back as a free agent and pitching in SLC again.  Also, maybe he's injured again.  Who knows and who cares.  If he drops a good season on the league in 2020 then you can tell me 'I told you so'.  

For now, this is really a nothing move.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Drama queens man. I made one post a few days ago when someone was spamming and now I keep getting tagged or added in posts by you guys, like this.

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Its impressive that he let us down not simply as the 3B of the future, but also the closer of the future, set up man of the future, and mop up guy of the future.

Not to mention 2nd baseman of the future. 

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

How much time before Dipoto picks him up, again?

You mean he hasn't yet?

17 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I can say with pure honesty that I never ever believed that Nick Tropeano would ever be any part of a winning formula.

Every time his name came up, I thought it was symbolic of the Angels just not having the talent in the rotation.

When the discussion of the Angels rotation doesn’t have Nick Tropeano mentioned, then things are starting to go in the right direction.

So I guess Houston won the trade?