• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unfortunately Gerrit Cole's having a great year

Angelsjunky

He's probably going to win the AL Cy Young, or should. He's 18-5, 200.1 IP, 302 Ks, 46 walks, 2.61 ERA, 6.7 fWAR.

That's a really, really season.

The problem is that it is going to drive his price up even higher and there's a good chance he'll never be this good again.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope he's pencilled in as our Opening Day starter next year. think Cole is going to be a 5+ WAR pitcher. But his performance this year is both driving up his price and unlikely to be reproduced. 

Just to warn ya'll - in case you hadn't thunked it.

(What else are we going to talk about?)

Btw it's not my money and I don't give a flying monkey F*ck how much it costs to sign Cole. Arte needs to take his balls out and put them gently on the table in front of Boras and tell him to write how much he wants on his sack with a sharpie. And then he gets out a blank check and throws it at him.

If Arte gets cheap this winter he can go directly to the poop dimension.

22 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He's probably going to win the AL Cy Young, or should. He's 18-5, 200.1 IP, 302 Ks, 46 walks, 2.61 ERA, 6.7 fWAR.

That's a really, really season.

The problem is that it is going to drive his price up even higher and there's a good chance he'll never be this good again.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope he's pencilled in as our Opening Day starter next year. think Cole is going to be a 5+ WAR pitcher. But his performance this year is both driving up his price and unlikely to be reproduced. 

Just to warn ya'll - in case you hadn't thunked it.

(What else are we going to talk about?)

Verlander is going to win the Cy Young. 

But the substance of your post is fair. 

I agree it doesn't really matter what it costs at this point.  It was always going to cost a boat load so tack on a few mil.  He's a rare ace and should get paid like one.  It's up to the front office and their analysis to determine whether they think it's sustainable for long enough to be part of a winning window.