• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay threat 9/15: Rays @ Angels Better never than late, but here it is anyway

eligrba4ever

22 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Historical note: According to the Raiders' booth, they are playing the probably last NFL game ever on a baseball diamond. No more home games until November.

So the raiders are going on an 6 or 8 game road trip? Not buying it. Plus I think there are rules against that.

EDIT: their next two are on the road followed by a “home” game in London, then two more on the road. Next game in Oakland is November 3 vs. Detroit. Weird.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I know everyone is going to come in and say he wasn't but, I certainly remember a lot of talk of Buttrey being over used in the first half of the season...

I think they prematurely treated him like a set up man.  He pitched 3 days in a row once I believe and the middle game he threw about 10 pitches.  He threw 14 games in March and April, then 12 games in May and 12 again in June.  Not positive I would call it overused but I know that seems to be the popular opinion.  Robles threw in 16 games in March and April then 11 and 12.  Here is a way to look at it, our closer, a closer on a BAD team, has pitched as many games as Buttrey.  One is excelling while the other fell flat on his face.  Buttrey threw in 53 games last year in the minors and majors combined.  

32 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

I think they prematurely treated him like a set up man.  He pitched 3 days in a row once I believe and the middle game he threw about 10 pitches.  He threw 14 games in March and April, then 12 games in May and 12 again in June.  Not positive I would call it overused but I know that seems to be the popular opinion.  Robles threw in 16 games in March and April then 11 and 12.  Here is a way to look at it, our closer, a closer on a BAD team, has pitched as many games as Buttrey.  One is excelling while the other fell flat on his face.  Buttrey threw in 53 games last year in the minors and majors combined.  

But Buttery also has been used in the most stressful situation, not only is he facing stressful situations, he also doesnt know what inning he going to be coming, how many pitches did he have to throw warning up or the amount of time that he had to get up and warmup but not get used? 

if I have to say, i will say that even thought Robles and Buttery have had the same amount of experience. but considering how he Buttery has been used, I would say he has been overused and also missused.