• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/4 Angels @ Athletics : Ohtani hits 5th

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Khris Davis (currently .223 BA) will have to work to put up a .247 BA for the 5th straight season.   Power is also way down.

-0.3 bWAR with a 16.5M salary. I was surprised when the A's extended him. I mean, yes, he put up 40+ homers each of the past three seasons, but his defense is terrible so even with those homers he's only giving them 2-3 WAR each season. I guess I always expect the A's to trade guys like that. 

6 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

-0.3 bWAR with a 16.5M salary. I was surprised when the A's extended him. I mean, yes, he put up 40+ homers each of the past three seasons, but his defense is terrible so even with those homers he's only giving them 2-3 WAR each season. I guess I always expect the A's to trade guys like that. 

They trade players like Donaldson and Cespedes. So once Chapman and Olson get expensive in arbitration they may be trade bait.

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Since the dawn of the millennium, have they ever kept and then re-signed one of their own stars, outside of Khris Davis? 

I'm not sure how literal you're being with the word "stars." Eric Chavez was an outstanding defensive player (though I wouldn't call him a star) and they extended for him six years. 

57 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

I'm not sure how literal you're being with the word "stars." Eric Chavez was an outstanding defensive player (though I wouldn't call him a star) and they extended for him six years. 

My memory of Eric Chavez is watching him hit a 3-run homer late in the game to tie the Angels, in Oakland, some years ago. It was a day game and I almost got heat stroke sitting there in the sun, so when Chavez hit that homer I was standing near the concession stands and leaning against a pillar hoping not to pass out while my brother was getting me some cold water to drink. An inning or two later K-Rod lost the game when he dropped the routine return throw from the catcher and Jason Kendall scored the winning run from third base. A horrible game, but it taught me that I can't take day games, no way.

Random Angels fan memory.

2 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

In the Olden Days, you'd say Albert was in gear for the salary drive. But this salary drive was six or seven seasons ago.

In the Olden Days, I don't even wanna guess what my grandfather would have said about Shohei's recent performance. 

2 minutes ago, IIIII said:

That was simply inexcusable. Better players have been sent straight to the bench for the remainder of the game. Totally embarrassing.

Did he not see the ball? Did he forget the count? Because it looked like he wasn't giving much effort. 

8 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

Did he not see the ball? Did he forget the count? Because it looked like he wasn't giving much effort. 

I mean the ball was directly in front of him. My only guess was he thought he’d get thrown out easily. But he would have been easily safe if he ran. He’s looked so off recently, demeanor and all. So many whiffs

6 minutes ago, IIIII said:

I mean the ball was directly in front of him. My only guess was he thought he’d get thrown out easily. But he would have been easily safe if he ran. He’s looked so off recently, demeanor and all. So many whiffs

He was too busy bowing his head to the home plate umpire, the catcher, the ball boy, the security guard and the first base coach. 

2 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Except he took strike 3 that was called a ball.  For all the electronic strike One guys that constantly complain about the umps hosing the angels: Pujols would be standing at first with his glove on with an electronic strike Zone.  

Not sure you said what you wanted to say with this post.  That being said, I would trade this at bat for the dozens of at bats that would have gone the other way.