• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/4 Angels @ Athletics : Ohtani hits 5th

Those comments by Terry and Langston about Ohtani make sense. The managers always limit young pitchers from extending too much. 

The same thing might be happening to Ohtani as a hitter. He has never had this many plate appearances. Even though he missed nearly two months, he still hasn't played this much in a season. And now his attention is split with his pitching workouts.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

Well then Ohtani is not amazing. He just got completely outmatched 3 three pitches in a row and went 0-8 with four strikeouts last week. O for freaking 8. He has looked terrible the last couple of weeks. He is not amazing.

Ok, I don’t really know what your definition of amazing is, but my guess is it is incredibly high that maybe a few players in all of baseball achieve.  You discrediting him because he went 0-8 is a sign that you might be overly critical.  My guess is any player you do think is amazing has had stretches like Ohtani has had recently.  

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Well then Ohtani is not amazing. He just got completely outmatched 3 three pitches in a row and went 0-8 with four strikeouts last week. O for freaking 8. He has looked terrible the last couple of weeks. He is not amazing.

He has been absolutely terrible the last couple of weeks. But even with that stretch, he's still hitting .287 on the season. And he hit for the cycle in June. I think he is much closer to amazing than not. 

5 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

He has been absolutely terrible the last couple of weeks. But even with that stretch, he's still hitting .287 on the season. And he hit for the cycle in June. I think he is much closer to amazing than not. 

Ohtani's hitting of late has stopped all the chatter of him giving up pitching and playing RF instead.

I think Ohtani broke. He looks like the spring training hitter form last year. Just horrible.

I’m curious what Trout’s stats would be without the juiced ball because he’s looked off this season more than any other season. I feel like the HR total has really boosted his all around stats, which would otherwise be poor for him.