• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greinke to the Stros...

Deek

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Closest I could build using the trade simulator as a comp, it would be Suarez, Barria, Thaiss, and Adams.

I would have been very upset if we had done that... although we aren’t a World Series contender and Houston has a deeper farm. Greinke is 35, and coming to the AL

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

It all depends on what you value. Prospects who could pan out or not, or going for another World Series title - which should be every GM's goal. 

And Greinke minus everything we’d have to give up to get him doesn’t put us in the World Series discussion. 

Greinke is really good, a probable Hall of Famer, but that's a big prospect load for a player who is still owed $35 million for his age 36 and 37 seasons. I highly doubt the Astros are going to be able to afford Cole's $30M AAV.

According to Fangraphs, Martin and Bukauskas are 50 FV prospects; Beer is 40+, Rojas isn't listed which means he's 35 or below, so fringe. I think a comparable trade would be Canning, Suarez, Maitan, Rojas. Too much.

If the Angels had made the Greinke move giving up the @totdprods package above, it would have meant a shot at the wildcard, like a legit shot. Now instead of Angels having Greinke to face up against Verlander and Cole in the 10+ games left we have, they likely face him three times.

Good times.

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

If the Angels had made the Greinke move giving up the @totdprods package above, it would have meant a shot at the wildcard, like a legit shot. Now instead of Angels having Greinke to face up against Verlander and Cole in the 10+ games left we have, they likely face him three times.

Good times.

Sorry but no way do we have a legit shot to overcome a 5.5 game deficit in two months with our remaining schedule with Greinke. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Sorry but no way do we have a legit shot to overcome a 5.5 game deficit in two months with our remaining schedule.  

Then shouldn't we have sold to strengthen ourselves for the offseason and next year?  Seems really odd to do nothing.  Though maybe Eppler tried and failed, that is yet to be seen.

You have to respect it. Good for the Astros going after it. Doesn't guarantee them a WS title or anything but all you can do is give your team the best chance to win. They are better today than they were yesterday and that's all you can hope your ownership and management does for your big league club. Good luck to them.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Especially if we give up two of our current SPs and starting 3B.

I would've have given up Suarez and Barria, but say Suarez and Sandoval back...

I also liked the AAron Sanchez move, if only because I could've called him A-A-Ron.

The Astros are going to continue being really good for the next 3-5 years, at least. They have Altuve and Bregman signed through 2024, a young Yordan Alvarez and Kyle Tucker for a year or two beyond; they'll have to figure out what to do with Correa and Springer over the next year or two. They'll have Verlander and Greinke for two more years. Hard to imagine them paying Cole as well. But the point being, they're locked in to be great for the next 2-3 years at least. Maybe they see that as their "all-in" window.