• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Jake Marisnick suspended 2 games following collision with Angels’ Jonathan Lucroy

4 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

The top video: In which world was this "A very normal, direct, and unaltered path to home plate"? Not the one I live in.
The bottom video: Okay, now I see what you're referring to. I hadn't seen this before. This looks like an accident.

On a side note, why did the text turn green?

Yeah, the bottom one is the one I am referring to. That seems to show what Marisnick said he saw. He said every time that he thought Lucroy was moving across the line. Obviously he didn’t, which is why there was a collision. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yeah, the bottom one is the one I am referring to. That seems to show what Marisnick said he saw. He said every time that he thought Lucroy was moving across the line. Obviously he didn’t, which is why there was a collision. 

Very well then. His big first step and his lowered shoulder tells me otherwise, but there is now room for doubt. Thank you for the perspective.

1 minute ago, Fish Oil said:

Very well then. His big first step and his lowered shoulder tells me otherwise, but there is now room for doubt. Thank you for the perspective.

He’s trying to slide head first. You have to lower your shoulders to that. Then he obviously turns his head because he’s about to face plant into Lucroy and doesn’t want to break his own neck. 

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Then he obviously turns his head because he’s about to face plant into Lucroy and doesn’t want to break his own neck. 

This is what I always assumed was the case.

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It looks like he was trying to do a head first slide and touch the plate with his hand, but when he began to go down, Lucroy was still there, so there was no place to go but into him. 

That would mean Lucroy was already there. Why would he slide head first into Lucroy in fair territory?

Again, I'm not buying it. 

49 minutes ago, Lou said:

That would mean Lucroy was already there. Why would he slide head first into Lucroy in fair territory?

Again, I'm not buying it. 

He didn’t. He started to and then stopped. 

All this is happening in about 1 second. 

This is like saying, why did a hitter swing at a pitch in the dirt? 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ok, then why would he start to slide head first into Lucroy in fair territory? 

Because he thought Lucroy was moving into foul territory with his glove and the ball also being in foul territory. It looks like he was going to dive to the 1B side of the plate and touch it with his right hand. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

Because he thought Lucroy was moving into foul territory with his glove and the ball also being in foul territory. It looks like he was going to dive to the 1B side of the plate and touch it with his right hand. 

Please show me where the glove and ball were ever in foul territory

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It looks like he was trying to do a head first slide and touch the plate with his hand, but when he began to go down, Lucroy was still there, so there was no place to go but into him. 

the back of the plate was wide open before he took a step toward 1B. Maybe I saw a different slide than you.

image.png

image.png

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He changed his direction away from his straight path to the plate, a clear violation of the current rule. If he would have slide toward the back of the plate he probably would have been safe. I am not buying the argument, he was planning on sliding toward the front of the plate, never have I seen anyone do that.

4 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

That video shows exactly what Marisnick had to do to make contact and that wasn't by mistake but intent. It's just too much lateral movement directly at Lucroy's shoulder of the arm he is catching the ball. I'm just unable to see that play as anything but targeting. 

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens come Monday in Anaheim...

They will play a baseball game. That's it. I believe he didn't intentionally try to hurt Lucroy and so does MLB. He even immediately went to check on Lucroy to see if he was okay. No grudges should be held from a mistake.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He didn’t. He started to and then stopped. 

All this is happening in about 1 second. 

This is like saying, why did a hitter swing at a pitch in the dirt? 

he altered his path to the plate which caused the collision. regardless of intent; a violation of the rule... It looked intentional to me, he couldn't have touched plate even if there would not have been a collision from the path he chose. he meant to make sure Lucroy didn't catch that ball.

10 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Played through college and never once had a play that was close enough for it to even cross my mind... Which is sort of why I believe he just freaked and reacted.   

translation: IP was so fast, he always outran the throw.

always.

edge: Lowell