• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia managed well last night..

Granted, Mike did a good job with his bullpen management last night, but I'd still like to see comments like this out of him once in awhile when he doesn't do so well:

"If he had it to do over, Royals manager Ned Yost indicated he would have instructed Santana to intentionally walk Trumbo when the count reached 3-0.

"Absolutely, that was a bad decision on my part," Yost said. "That one was on me.""

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_23_anamlb_kcamlb_1&mode=recap_away&c_id=ana

(And to pre-empt, I'm more than happy with how the team/Mike is performing, as of recent.)

So when they win, he's a good manager. When they lose, he sucks.

All I know is that he has not had his team ready to compete coming out of spring training for 5 straight years! Hopefully, he doesn't get a chance to make it 6. Until that changes, my opinion of him as a manager won't change.

So when they win, he's a good manager. When they lose, he sucks.

All I know is that he has not had his team ready to compete coming out of spring training for 5 straight years! Hopefully, he doesn't get a chance to make it 6. Until that changes, my opinion of him as a manager won't change.

When he makes bone head decisions that hurt this team in a win or lost. Scioscia will called out on , and he should.

When he makes bone head decisions that hurt this team in a win or lost. Scioscia will called out on , and he should.

He gets called out here every day. Sometimes it's bonehead decisions by the manager, sometimes by the players, sometimes by the coaches and sometimes by the umpires, but Scioscia will get called out here every day.

He gets called out here every day. Sometimes it's bonehead decisions by the manager, sometimes by the players, sometimes by the coaches and sometimes by the umpires, but Scioscia will get called out here every day.

nope. Today is a prime example of another Scioscia bone head decision and they won. They overcame Scioscia bad call, when he hurt the team.

It's not that simple. Scioscia could get the credit if he loses and doesn't when he wins. Today was an example

Mike's inability to take responsibility publicly for his poor decisions is one of the main things that irritates me about the guy.

Maybe privately he understands and acknowledges and learns something from them, but it sure isn't apparent publicly.

Mike's inability to take responsibility publicly for his poor decisions is one of the main things that irritates me about the guy.

Maybe privately he understands and acknowledges and learns something from them, but it sure isn't apparent publicly.

You do realize that in order for Mike to take the blame and say he made a mistake would, at the same time, be calling out a player, right? Managers that call out players don't last long and certainly doesn't help team chemistry.

Appeasing the public.   Bill Bavasi was great at that.

You do realize that in order for Mike to take the blame and say he made a mistake would, at the same time, be calling out a player, right? Managers that call out players don't last long and certainly doesn't help team chemistry.

I agree with you to a point, but like last week when he yanked Williams after 74 pitches and then made that bs 'he wasn't stretched out' excuse, he could have said something like; "In retrospect, I should have asked Jerome how he was feeling and let him go a little longer."

I don't see how that would have been anything but positive.

Every person makes mistakes.   People with character acknowledge and learn from them.

Sanctimonious tripe.

Managing a baseball team and the personalities involved tends to temper how much he has to appease the public.   The only people he needs to acknowledge anything to are in that clubhouse.  Some might argue a refusal to throw others under the bus is also a sign of character.  Yet if you asked the public, most would tell you that would be a welcomed sign of leadership.

F, the public displays.  Get the guys in that clubhouse right.

I'm blown away that he isn't trying to lose on purpose anymore. I wonder what made him change his mind.

Donnie Baseball got a vote of confidence from the Chavez Ghetto brass. .  Mike won't start throwing games again until that spot opens up.

;)