• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict Keuchel’s 2019 Numbers

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Come on dude, you want to talk baseball, but when we disagree that Keuchel is a “steal” at $13 million for what might amount to possibly 15 starts, you want to call that splitting hairs?  You seem to know the sport, why not support why you feel it is a steal instead of pretending we post wrong.  

My objection was splitting hairs over my usage of the word "obviously" ... which again, was never a reference to my point in the original post.  I already acknowledge it wasn't clear when I corrected myself in my original post.  Now, my views on Keuchel are in part of us as Angel fans being burned over and over again with one year deals (like Harvey, Cahill, etc.) who can barely get through 4 innings a start.  As a result, over the past two seasons we have had one of the more over-worked bullpens in baseball.  I also believe that because Kuechel hasn't pitch this year that he'll probably be relied on a bit more heavily by the Braves.  So, a 13 million dollar deal for a half of a season, especially considering the stability I feel he would bring to our rotation is a steal.  But again, perhaps I am wrong.  Also keep in mind, if the Braves rely heavily on Kuechel during post season (again, he'll be in mid season form by post season), and the fact I still haven't given up on that 2nd WC spot (which granted may make me a bit delusional) I think 13 million could be a very good investment for what he brings.  But, again, I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

It's difficult to have a conversation about a point if it isn't clear.

Welcome to the board. Knowledgeable posters are always appreciated. Just a bit of advice - please don't play the victim. it doesn't play well here. 

Oh, I acknowledge that, which is why I clarified myself.  My usage of the word "obviously" was nothing more than a colloquium.  And the immediate response was snarky.  It annoyed the hell out of me, and I probably should have just let it go, which is my bad. For me playing the victim is when posters threaten to leave the board and stuff like that, which I didn't do.  But, I appreciate the salutations ?

Hey, TC, if you want to talk baseball then focus on that. Responding to every criticism for the criticism alone is only inviting more. Move on after you explain your position, once. 

I think you may be right about Kuechel's value to Atlanta but it may not be the same value to the Angels considering the overall condition of their rotation and expectations to reach the playoffs even with Kuechel pitching to last seasons abilities. 

2 hours ago, tchula said:

When I said obviously, I wasn't making a reference to my original post.  There mere fact I corrected myself was an acknowledgement that my original point wasn't clear. God bless, does everyone around split hairs when it comes to posting.  I joined because this is the best board to discuss a team and game I am passionate and knowledgeable about.   But I am starting to see people around care more about getting into pissing contest than discussing baseball. 

Bring your thick skin and keep chiming in.

2 minutes ago, tchula said:

I guess there is a reason that Glass Joe from punch out is still one of my favorite Nintendo characters of all time. 

Awesome!

who the heck is Glass Joe?

It comes down to win and losses for the Braves ... it’s just a one year deal. Keuchel can go 10-5 record with a 5.0 era and it’s a win for the Braves. 

I think he brings a ton of value to a young pitching staff. He’ll also give you a ton of innings. He’s definitely a pitcher you want if the playoffs if they’re lucky enough to get in. 

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

It comes down to win and losses for the Braves ... it’s just a one year deal. Keuchel can go 10-5 record with a 5.0 era and it’s a win for the Braves. 

I think he brings a ton of value to a young pitching staff. He’ll also give you a ton of innings. He’s definitely a pitcher you want if the playoffs if they’re lucky enough to get in. 

But will he give an NL team a ton of innings?  When his spot comes up in the 5th or 6th inning, will he continue to pitch?   He gives up a ton of base runners.   I could see scenarios where they do double switches when in the AL maybe he gets one more batter. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

But will he give an NL team a ton of innings?  When his spot comes up in the 5th or 6th inning, will he continue to pitch?   He gives up a ton of base runners.   I could see scenarios where they do double switches when in the AL maybe he gets one more batter. 

He pitches to contact ... I wouldn’t worry so much about base runners as I would the defense. He pitched over 200+ innings ... it’s only natural he’d give up hits. It’s the extra base hits you worry about. 

He pitched better last season than he did in 2017. Nothing tells me he can’t improve over a very good season in 2018. 

He should average around 7 innings a start imo. Only time will tell but the Braves made a good decision overall ... only there’s no guarantees in baseball. 

41 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

He pitches to contact ... I wouldn’t worry so much about base runners as I would the defense. He pitched over 200+ innings ... it’s only natural he’d give up hits. It’s the extra base hits you worry about. 

He pitched better last season than he did in 2017. Nothing tells me he can’t improve over a very good season in 2018. 

He should average around 7 innings a start imo. Only time will tell but the Braves made a good decision overall ... only there’s no guarantees in baseball. 

He had the 5th worst amount of hits per 9.  So yes, he pitches a lot of innings, but he gives up a ton of hits per 9 innings.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Keuchel is not a top end pitcher.  Has he been, sure, this past year, or the year before, nope.

He had the 30th best ERA in all of baseball in 2018. That’s pretty damn close considering there’s hundreds of pitchers. Now add in over 200 innings pitched. Its has been awhile since the Angels had that type of production. 

This is your thread  ... not even sure why we are getting into a pissing match. 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, Stradling said:

I struggle to see him have the same or better ERA than he had last year.  I realize the NL is different but he won’t have spring training and man he gave up a ton of hits last year.  

And, it's not like he was overworked in 2016 and 2017 and it caught up to him.   He only pitched 313.2 innings combined in those two seasons, and still gave up a ton of hits in 2018.   I predict a low-to-mid 4.00s ERA and WHIP over 1.30, and it's that good only because he will be facing the pitcher's spot regularly.