• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Predict Keuchel’s 2019 Numbers

I have the Braves winning the NL East.

Keuchel: 7-4, 3.48 ERA.

When Keuchel is your 45h best starting pitcher in your rotation, and pretty close to being your 5th best option, it's a good thing.

I like the Braves a lot more than the Phillies across the board.

Kuechel is not what he used to be, but he still delivers 200+ innings in a given year.  Imagine having the prior knowledge that every fifth day you'll practically not have to use your bullpen.  And although his Whip, ERA, etc. are not nearly what it used to be it is still pretty damn good for a #5.  When have the Angels gotten that type of production from any pitcher let alone a #5?  I believe in only pitching half a season Kuechel will have 110 Innings and an ERA of around 3.7-3.8.  Now, playing in the national league will inflate his numbers a bit, but he was an absolute steal for 13 millions a year.

25 minutes ago, tchula said:

Kuechel is not what he used to be, but he still delivers 200+ innings in a given year.  Imagine having the prior knowledge that every fifth day you'll practically not have to use your bullpen.  And although his Whip, ERA, etc. are not nearly what it used to be it is still pretty damn good for a #5.  When have the Angels gotten that type of production from any pitcher let alone a #5?  I believe in only pitching half a season Kuechel will have 110 Innings and an ERA of around 3.7-3.8.  Now, playing in the national league will inflate his numbers a bit, but he was an absolute steal for 13 millions a year.

A steal at $13 million for half a season, no, not even close.  It also doesn’t take hindsight to know he’s capable of 200 innings, it takes a baseball card, or google.  If the innings is what we want we could have signed James Shields for probably $1 million for an entire season.  Lastly in the NL there’s virtually no chance he gets to 110 innings in half a season.  

48 minutes ago, tchula said:

How will playing in the NL inflate his numbers when he gets to face a pitcher?

Also, I wouldn't consider $13M for a 1/2 season for a #5 a steal. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

The only thing I can think of is he thinks the $13 million is prorated?  In which case, it isn’t a steal but a fair deal for Keuchel, but not for a 5th starter.  

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

I meant inflate (or in this case deflate).  His number will be a tad better than if he was in the AL obviously. 

When I said obviously, I wasn't making a reference to my original post.  There mere fact I corrected myself was an acknowledgement that my original point wasn't clear. God bless, does everyone around split hairs when it comes to posting.  I joined because this is the best board to discuss a team and game I am passionate and knowledgeable about.   But I am starting to see people around care more about getting into pissing contest than discussing baseball. 

13 minutes ago, tchula said:

When I said obviously, I wasn't making a reference to my original post.  There mere fact I corrected myself was an acknowledgement that my original point wasn't clear. God bless, does everyone around split hairs when it comes to posting.  I joined because this is the best board to discuss a team and game I am passionate and knowledgeable about.   But I am starting to see people around care more about getting into pissing contest than discussing baseball. 

Come on dude, you want to talk baseball, but when we disagree that Keuchel is a “steal” at $13 million for what might amount to possibly 15 starts, you want to call that splitting hairs?  You seem to know the sport, why not support why you feel it is a steal instead of pretending we post wrong.  

15 minutes ago, tchula said:

It's difficult to have a conversation about a point if it isn't clear.

Welcome to the board. Knowledgeable posters are always appreciated. Just a bit of advice - please don't play the victim. it doesn't play well here.