• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Samsung A80 - future of phones?

gotbeer

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Redondo said:

@gotbeer

Very happy with my Samsung S10+

Speakers are stereo so listening to music is great.

Saving so much money buying it this way really was the icing on the cake. 

Sweet.  Glad you are liking it.  Here is a picture I took on my S20 Ultra this weekend.  This was in Night mode, at 1:30 am, with the full moon just rising.

20200509_013415.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@gotbeer so what is the best phone on the market right now to purchase? 

Do you think it's best to wait for something later on this year or is the S20 Ultra the cream of the crop right now?

Right now, the S20 Ultra is probably the best.  But you are now in May, so the Note is right around the corner.  There are also issues with the S20 that probably will eventually be fixed with software updates.  The one annoying one is that it still has autofocus issues up close when you zoom.  

So it's up to you.  I'm pretty happy with the Ultra.  I think it should last a while.  Speed, RAM, 5g, battery, screen size, camera.  Of course, the next thing that comes out will probably have me salivating for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just put it in here.  

I really don't see any practical use for it.  But I installed it, and it's fun to play around with.  And it's not really night vision.  You can use it in the day or night, and it comes out the same.  

Night Vision uses the ToF camera on the Samsung Galaxy S20+, Note 10+, and S10 5G to let you see in the dark

• 2 months later...

I just got the S10, and so far am very pleased, the camera is great. I didn't think the s20 was worth the jump in price, but that is just my personal decision, the specs on it are phenomenal.  I was replacing a very old Motorola Droid Turbo with 64MB and 3GB of RAM, so the s10 is a big jump for me.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So @gotbeer, @RallyMo, @nate and other mobile techies. 

I'm due for a new phone. I've had the Galaxy 8 now for 5 years or so. It has been a great phone, but it's getting pretty clunky and it takes forever to load certain apps and to charge. 

What should I be looking at next? I'm even up for jumping ship to an iPhone. How's the iPhone 13 looking vs. the newest Samsung Galaxy phones?

Since Samsung has gone away from using microSD chips I may be done with them as that was my biggest attraction to them over the years tbh. 

I've also had a MacBook Pro as my work and personal laptop for nearly 4 years now, and an iPad... and I've loved it over Windows or any other OS out there. 

@Chuckster70  I hear you about the SD card thing.  I'm still using the S20 Ultra and I love it.  Still has an SD card.  Plenty of power under the hood with 8 gb of ram.  Photos are really good.  Although I have issues with the selfies.  I can never get it so that my face isn't taking up everything.  Maybe my arms are too short or something.  Battery is great at 5000 mah or whatever. 

Cons are no pen capabilities, if you even use a pen.  It is 5G capable, but not the latest 5G stuff.  So that might play into your thinking a bit.

Anyways, didn't upgrade to the S21 since it wasn't a big enough jump.  So far, the S22 for next year doesn't look that intriguing to me yet.  But it's still month away and rumors are all that's out.

The S21 FE might be worth looking into.  If they put the SD card back in.  It should be launching soon.  In the next few weeks.  

I think the Note for this year was cancelled.  And the gimmick of the fold is an expensive one.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@Chuckster70  I hear you about the SD card thing.  I'm still using the S20 Ultra and I love it.  Still has an SD card.  Plenty of power under the hood with 8 gb of ram.  Photos are really good.  Although I have issues with the selfies.  I can never get it so that my face isn't taking up everything.  Maybe my arms are too short or something.  Battery is great at 5000 mah or whatever. 

Cons are no pen capabilities, if you even use a pen.  It is 5G capable, but not the latest 5G stuff.  So that might play into your thinking a bit.

Anyways, didn't upgrade to the S21 since it wasn't a big enough jump.  So far, the S22 for next year doesn't look that intriguing to me yet.  But it's still month away and rumors are all that's out.

The S21 FE might be worth looking into.  If they put the SD card back in.  It should be launching soon.  In the next few weeks.  

I think the Note for this year was cancelled.  And the gimmick of the fold is an expensive one.

I really liked the Note 20's feature that had the pen with a button on it to take family pictures after setting up the smartphone 10 feet or so away. 

My wife has the S20 and she loves her phone, but she's not the tech nerd like I am. I like tons of features and quality. 

Let me look into the S21 FE. 

I have the S20FE and absolutely love it. I use a bunch of Google stuff and it all works seamlessly for me, so I'll be sticking with Google/Pixel/Samsung.

With that said, it sure seems like you're using a bunch of Apple stuff and you really like it. I think you should jump over to iPhone and grab the 13, 13 pro, 13 pro max or whatever. All the top line phones are just about equally capable as best I can tell.

I think the most important thing should be that you really like what you're using and that it all works together well. I can't imagine that you'd regret getting an iPhone.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, Chuckster70 said:

So @gotbeer, @RallyMo, @nate and other mobile techies. 

I'm due for a new phone. I've had the Galaxy 8 now for 5 years or so. It has been a great phone, but it's getting pretty clunky and it takes forever to load certain apps and to charge. 

What should I be looking at next? I'm even up for jumping ship to an iPhone. How's the iPhone 13 looking vs. the newest Samsung Galaxy phones?

Since Samsung has gone away from using microSD chips I may be done with them as that was my biggest attraction to them over the years tbh. 

I've also had a MacBook Pro as my work and personal laptop for nearly 4 years now, and an iPad... and I've loved it over Windows or any other OS out there. 

IMO if you are part of the apple ecosystem, it is nice to have the iPhone just because everything integrates so well.

Ultimately it is all personal preference. We got an iPhone 13 for my wife, arrives today. I have a 12 so expecting it to be pretty similar. I have no complaints, occasionally come across an app that might be android only, but my understanding is that there are apps that are ios only as well. I think no matter what you are pretty covered.

1 minute ago, nate said:

IMO if you are part of the apple ecosystem, it is nice to have the iPhone just because everything integrates so well.

Ultimately it is all personal preference. We got an iPhone 13 for my wife, arrives today. I have a 12 so expecting it to be pretty similar. I have no complaints, occasionally come across an app that might be android only, but my understanding is that there are apps that are ios only as well. I think no matter what you are pretty covered.

Yeah I just ordered the iPhone 13 pro 512 GB. 

55 minutes ago, nate said:

We got the same, although I have the 12 512 and I don't even use 100gb of storage with spotify and icloud now. Will probably save and buy a smaller storage option next time.

How much is the iCloud? Maybe I don't need the 512 GB if there's online storage. 

21 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

How much is the iCloud? Maybe I don't need the 512 GB if there's online storage. 

It is like $1/month for 50gb storage and 5/month for 3tb or something. It shares with the family. the 3tb is included in the apple one + family thing if you end up getting that, although unless you will use fitness+ and apple tv the sub isnt worth it.

1 minute ago, nate said:

It is like $1/month for 50gb storage and 5/month for 3tb or something. It shares with the family. the 3tb is included in the apple one + family thing if you end up getting that, although unless you will use fitness+ and apple tv the sub isnt worth it.

I just found out that with my united healthcare plan I get Apple Fitness for 1-year free. Maybe I'll try that out for a year and if I like it go with the apple one + later. 

I may just get the 256 GB now if they let me change my order. Thanks, @nate

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I just found out that with my united healthcare plan I get Apple Fitness for 1-year free. Maybe I'll try that out for a year and if I like it go with the apple one + later. 

I may just get the 256 GB now if they let me change my order. Thanks, @nate

I use an iphone xr for work and a Galaxy S10+ for my personal phone

I have to use both systems

They are both are good, but each one has some drawbacks and pluses

S10 battery really lasts a long time and the rapid charger is fast

Personally I like the Samsung phones better

One of the main features I like is Samsung internet because I can have multiple windows open at the same time and keep them in the background. Also I like google much better than the iphone.

The iphone can send more pictures in text messages and is easy to navigate

Both take good pictures

I'm  sure you'll like the iphone