• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos and Stratton DFAd, Ohtani, Allen, and Cozart activated, Rengifo to AAA

mmc

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is the last chance I'm giving Cozart. Hopefully some light turns on and he starts hitting like he did in 2017 for the Reds. 

I think Ausmus and Eppler are looking at him closely too, Chuck. He won't last the year with the team if he continues the same trend. 

17 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Ohtani in line up tonight! Trout has protection

picture of lineup card/roster

that is just a bad friggen roster...if Ohtani is going to be full-time DH (and he should)...need to get rid of Bour and get some more utility depth.

1 minute ago, red321 said:

that is just a bad friggen roster...if Ohtani is going to be full-time DH (and he should)...need to get rid of Bour and get some more utility depth.

Bour is the second best defensive 1B we have. I doubt he is going anywhere soon.

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

I agree. If Bour really has a minor league option, send him down to get his swing right and call up Thaiss who can play 1B and 3B, or go with Rojas or Ward. Just get some guys up here who can play multiple positions, including 1B to spell Pujols. 

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. If Bour really has a minor league option, send him down to get his swing right and call up Thaiss who can play 1B and 3B, or go with Rojas or Ward. Just get some guys up here who can play multiple positions, including 1B to spell Pujols. 

replacing Bour with Thaiss doesn't help the roster. The roster itself is just weirdly constructed. You have a backup catcher, a backup DH/1b, and a 2b. Carrying 12 arms doesn't help the situation. But as long as you have Pujols and Ohtani on the same roster you just don't have a lot of flexibility. 

52 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Hopefully that contender is us. The seasons still young. We’re not out of the division or wild card race. 

Cant be a contender until:

We get better than Cozart and Allen. 

We get better pitching than Cahill or Harvey. 

Step forward DFA Stratten.

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

They are 5.5 back of division and 3.5 back of wild card. We are still in this thing.

Yes. But we need to make the changes I alluded to.  We will not get the wild card throwing 8 plus era out 40% of the game. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

A bit surprised Bourjos was DFA'ed with the AAA OF depth still being a little thin when you consider neither Parker or Puello have options, should they be called upon, and that Adell, Hermosillo, and Upton are all still out. 

Adell isn't on the 40 man and probably won't be until September. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Adell isn't on the 40 man and probably won't be until September. 

Couldn't they have just sent LaStella down? He has options. Bourjos is likely to clear waivers though.

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Williams Jerez gets called up by the Giants the same day the guy the Angels traded him for, Chris Stratton, got DFA’d. Funny how that works.

I do blame Eppler for this mistake. I still don't understand the trade.