• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Yankees (April 24, 2019) - Cam Bedrosian is the "Opener"

T.G.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Very critical of his bullpen moves tonight. Buttrey should have come in earlier and should not have been in there so long. Langston was really upset.

Terry said Ausmus is in a "managerial slump". Lol. 

Were slammed at work tonight. I caught the big 4 run inning, and a bit of the one where the yankees tied it.

They were on ausmus for not bringing in buttrey at that time, too

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, the pen has been pretty used up the last week. Who knows what behind the scenes stuff is going on (like guys they wanted to avoid using tonight)

That could happen when you only let your starters pitch 5 innings.  

And

Use a reliever to start each game

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Let me do some quick research to see if the idiotic amber alert checks the YK boxes.

Latino family?   Check!

Family squabble where an estranged parent takes the kids?  Check!

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issued-for-2-children-allegedly-kidnapped-by-their-father-in-los-angeles-county

Miliana-Aguirre_1556124302217_7151314_ve

Edited by yk9001

9 hours ago, reteegz said:

1. The season is 1 month old

2. We have numerous players on the DL

3. Did you really think the Angels were going to compete for a WS this year?

Angels are still a year or two away. I hate losing just as much as anybody but I mean half the pitching is hurt, 2 of our starting bats on the DL.. Angels have been in pretty much every game this past 2 weeks it's not like they are getting blown out.

***Trying to bring a little sunshine to this rain***

I love hearing this. In trying to be positive. But even if we are it would be nice to at-least be competitive. 

Against my better judgement - I went to last night's game.  I had to because I had invited a friend and his wife.  It was another crappy crowd.  It was small and those that were there were overwhelmingly Yankee fans.  It's pathetic.  I feel bad for the players, who have to look up in the stands and see just speckles of red.  Then again, I feel worse for the Angel fans that have to watch this crappy product on the field.

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I feel bad for the players, who have to look up in the stands and see just speckles of red.

“We don’t necessarily play for the people in the stands,” he added. “We play for each other. We spend every day with each other. We have relationships with each other. We love each other. We fight for each other. That’s what we play for.”

Josh+Hamilton+Angels+Image.jpg

9 hours ago, RBM said:

Hey @stormngt you were confused by this post and I'm not sure why so let me explain. IMO Ausmus could have had Pena start the 7th with a 5-2 lead. He only had 78 pitches and looked good getting out of the 6th. Ausmus had already used Bedrosian as the opener so he had one less arm in the bullpen. If Pena got us through the 7th then Ausmus could have felt comfortable pulling Garcia for Buttrey before Garcia's meltdown and also would not have felt he needed to keep Buttrey in the game for a third inning. His decision in the 6th ended up costing us in the 7th, 8th and 9th. I think Ausmus is managing the bullpen poorly and it's already beginning to show.

Thanks for the clarification.  I stand corrected.  I agree with you that I am puzzled how they use the bullpen.  The opener burns one reliever.  some unknown reason has pitch limitations and your pulling your starter out after only 5 innings.  You are going to burn your bullpen.  Our pen started great, but we seem to be using them poorly

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Against my better judgement - I went to last night's game.  I had to because I had invited a friend and his wife.  It was another crappy crowd.  It was small and those that were there were overwhelmingly Yankee fans.  It's pathetic.  I feel bad for the players, who have to look up in the stands and see just speckles of red.  Then again, I feel worse for the Angel fans that have to watch this crappy product on the field.

Like you mentioned, if they want to put asses in the seats, start winning some Facking games. 

I’ve got better things to do than sit in an hour of traffic to go to the game, watch a four hour game of pure suck, and then spend loads of money on top of it.