• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Highway Bribery

T.G.

Looking around the displays and merchandise at  the Angels stadium it is amazing how expensive the 'official' stores charge for signed Trout, Ohtani and Pujols memorabilia. A framed signed Trout jersey is in the multiple thousands of dollars for instance.

Even on eBay his autographed jerseys go well above a thousand mostly. I happened to luck out a few years ago, getting a youth sized Trout signed white jersey for a few hundred bucks. It came from someone who was hanging over the fence with his kid  when Trout did his usual fan friendly socialization. 

I don't have the paperwork that always boosts value, but I've been collecting for years and have a lot of experience with these things. 

A highly prized baseball memento, along with my Mickey Mantle signed1968 Yankee yearbook. 

2 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Looking around the displays and merchandise at  the Angels stadium it is amazing how expensive the 'official' stores charge for signed Trout, Ohtani and Pujols memorabilia. A framed signed Trout jersey is in the multiple thousands of dollars for instance.

Even on eBay his autographed jerseys go well above a thousand mostly. I happened to luck out a few years ago, getting a youth sized Trout signed white jersey for a few hundred bucks. It came from someone who was hanging over the fence with his kid  when Trout did his usual fan friendly socialization. 

I don't have the paperwork that always boosts value, but I've been collecting for years and have a lot of experience with these things. 

A highly prized baseball memento, along with my Mickey Mantle signed1968 Yankee yearbook. 

Yeah, but I have Benji Gil's autograph on a baseball.  Bet you can't top that.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Fair enough, @True Grich.

Who is WeatherWonk btw?

If I hadn't ever met Claude in person several times and knew that he was a great guy (outside of the forum) we wouldn't be having this conversation. I always give quite a bit more grace toward those who I've met in person than just the average internet guy trying to stir up trouble. 

Honestly the thing that impresses me the most about  @Chuckster70 is that he treats you like you've been lifelong friends the first time you hang out with him. I have a feeling even the most negative member of AW would take a more positive outlook after hanging with Chuck for a while.

16 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Honestly the thing that impresses me the most about  @Chuckster70 is that he treats you like you've been lifelong friends the first time you hang out with him. I have a feeling even the most negative member of AW would take a more positive outlook after hanging with Chuck for a while.

Is there ever an "AngelsWin" night at the stadium? Everyone chips in on a block of seats and enjoys the game together? I think it would be great.

17 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I think this is one of the nicest things someone could say about a person.

Thank you, @John Taylor?

Just now, Fish Oil said:

Is there ever an "AngelsWin" night at the stadium? Everyone chips in on a block of seats and enjoys the game together? I think it would be great.

I'm going to make it happen, but it may not happen until the fall unfortunately due to scheduled vacations,  the birth of my grandson in the Vegas area and a family reunion to attend in New York throughout the summer. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm going to make it happen, but it may not happen until the fall unfortunately due to scheduled vacations,  the birth of my grandson in the Vegas area and a family reunion to attend in New York throughout the summer. 

Fantastic. I eagerly look forward to this :)