• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

How Biden refers to Black adviser raises eyebrows for wrong reasons

President Biden called a Black adviser "boy" during a Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) briefing on Monday.

The president used the term while introducing his senior adviser Cedric Richmond, a former Louisiana congressman. 

"I'm here with my senior adviser and boy who knows Louisiana very, very well and New Orleans, Cedric Richmond," Biden said at a press briefing with FEMA after Hurricane Ida rocked Louisiana.

To be honest this a nothing burger and rightfully so. There is nothing remotely racist about it. Had a Republican said though, it it would be a national headline.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jason said:

To be honest this a nothing burger and rightfully so. There is nothing remotely racist about it. Had a Republican said though, it it would be a national headline.

Looks like it is a national headline, since Fox News is a national publication read by hundreds of millions of people.

I don't think Trump ever got caught calling a Black dude "boy," but he did once refer to a Black dude as "my Black" during a speech.

He also pointed out a "pretty Korean lady" in the Oval Office once. But it turned out to be Jared Kushner.

40 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Looks like it is a national headline, since Fox News is a national publication read by hundreds of millions of people.

You know what I mean. I’m going to guess mainstream, other than Fox will not be reporting it 

46 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

But I thought Fox iSnT mAiNsTrEaM

I said other than Fox. Meaning they are the only mainstream outlet making it a headline. If Trump said all the others would be making it a huge story and Fox would have ignored it 

Edited by Jason

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

I don't think Trump ever got caught calling a Black dude "boy," but he did once refer to a Black dude as "my Black" during a speech.

He also pointed out a "pretty Korean lady" in the Oval Office once. But it turned out to be Jared Kushner.

Are you suggesting Trump wasn’t caught to imply he may have called a black man boy? That’s not the standard you use when evaluating potential voter fraud. 

Impeachable?

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/biden-pressured-ghani-to-create-perception-taliban-wasnt-winning/

President Biden pressured Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani to create the “perception” that the Taliban weren’t winning, “whether it’s true or not,” in a phone just three weeks before the insurgents seized control of the country, a bombshell leaked transcript shows.

Biden and Ghani spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23 in what would be their final call before the Taliban overran the government and Afghanistan descended into bloody chaos amid the botched US withdrawal, according to a transcript and audio obtained by Reuters.

Much of the call was focused on what Biden referred to as the Afghan government’s “perception” issue.

“I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said.

“And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Impeachable?

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/biden-pressured-ghani-to-create-perception-taliban-wasnt-winning/

President Biden pressured Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani to create the “perception” that the Taliban weren’t winning, “whether it’s true or not,” in a phone just three weeks before the insurgents seized control of the country, a bombshell leaked transcript shows.

Biden and Ghani spoke for roughly 14 minutes on July 23 in what would be their final call before the Taliban overran the government and Afghanistan descended into bloody chaos amid the botched US withdrawal, according to a transcript and audio obtained by Reuters.

Much of the call was focused on what Biden referred to as the Afghan government’s “perception” issue.

“I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said.

“And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.”

If that's impeachable then ah fuck it.