• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Your concerns regarding 2019 Angels

Stradling

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

My main concern is that the organization is turning into a frugal shop.I thought it was obvious that we needed offense but we seem to be getting our acquisitions from a bargain basement. I believe in the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

Specifically, 1) that Calhoun will disappear again 2) Ward may not be quite ready 3) Fragility of arms in starting rotation 4) No overt improvement yet in the bullpen 5) Will Ohtani be heathy? 6) How much can we depend on Albert 7) Yet another year of mediocrity from the franchise

This is only sometimes true in baseball. And rarely all that precisely. 

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I admire the fact that he still wants to be the guy and is willing to put in the work....  He could have taken the money and laughed his ass off like you said, but at some point the dude needs to step back and take a realistic look at who he is now.   I wish he would pull a Mike Schmidt, accept he isn't who he used to be and walked away gracefully. 

I've always respected Mike Schmidt for the way he bowed out when he realized he couldn't do the things he used to.  Dude made no excuses... He basically said, I can't do Mike Schmidt things anymore, and if I can't .... I'm out!  

If you isolate Scmidt's rookie season stats and try to project his career, having no other information, batting .196 with 136 K's in 132 games, he's a sales associate at a lumber store. 

Too bad the Angels couldn't have aquired him in trade back in 1973 but they traded for Al Gallagher instead. That is one of those lost names in Angels history. He played his last year with the Angels and they might have been a better team not Fielding a 3rd baseman.

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If you isolate Scmidt's rookie season stats and try to project his career, having no other information, batting .196 with 136 K's in 132 games, he's a sales associate at a lumber store. 

Too bad the Angels couldn't have aquired him in trade back in 1973 but they traded for Al Gallagher instead. That is one of those lost names in Angels history. He played his last year with the Angels and they might have been a better team not Fielding a 3rd baseman.

So you're saying that Taylor Ward is the next Mike Schmidt?  

13 minutes ago, failos said:

I’m not sure Eppler can get it done. Every team is going to try and get Arrenado 

I  would imagine the Rox will try to keep him.  

Nats could be in if they don't get Harper or bring back Rendon but I suspect they'll do one of those.  

Cards are a candidate if they don't keep Goldschmidt.  

Mets will be in.  I could actually see him there.  

Phils of course if they don't Manny.  

Pads could be a dark horse.  

White Sox if they don't get Manny

Angels.  

He'll have a good market.  The Manny deal will tell us a lot about what he'll get.  Manny is obviously a ton younger, but the douche factor is worth a fair amount.  

I think he's a great player and he's super fun to watch, but that .200 point delta in ops home vs. away for his career.  He's got a 108 wRC+ away from Colorado.  

Career vs. RHP away?  .773 ops with a .305 obp.  and a 105 wRC+.  

He's super vulnerable to pen arms with good sliders that actually break away from home.  

Here's a fun stat for people to chew on.  In 477 PA (a fairly large sample) from the 7th inning on vs. RHP and away from home.  .209/.262/.381/.643.  for a 69 wRC+

How about we just look at his production from the 7th inning on in general that include LHers and hitting at home?  wRC+ of 80.