• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Sign Matt Harvey

Stradling

• 5 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 8:34 PM, krAbs said:

It will be White's first real test for the Angels. But...if he can turn him into a real top-half-of-the-rotation starter, I'll eat Lou's left shoe (whether he wants me to or not).

On 12/18/2018 at 8:22 PM, krAbs said:

Guys, Blanton-Harvey comparisons aren't fair.

Blanton was much better over his last three years as a starter than Harvey has been over the last three years. His FIP was 0.44 lower and he put in more innings (also, Blanton had marginally better WHIP and ERA). More importantly, when Blanton was asked to move to relief, he said "sure" and was able to turn his career around. When Harvey was asked to move to relief, he laughed audibly, and said "No chance. Zero chance." Harvey was asked why. "I have nothing to say to you guys," he said. He was asked why not. "I dont [expletive] want to," Harvey replied.

On 12/18/2018 at 6:59 PM, krAbs said:

List of mythical beasts: unicorn, dragon, Matt Harvey throwing a strike, Pegasus, chupacabra...

Edit- on a scale of 1 to 10, I give Harvey a -0.2 (which, by pure coincidence, is his cumulative bWAR over the last 3 years).

On 12/18/2018 at 5:46 PM, krAbs said:

Yeah, he really doesn't have a chance. This isn't 2015. There isn't anything left. There hasn't been anything left for years. I don't know if you've noticed, but roadkill is a great description of his last few years.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:31 PM, krAbs said:

JUST so we are clear, released Shoemaker to save about four million dollars, and then turned around and signed Matt-I-can't-pitch-to-save-my-god-damn-life-Harvey for ELEVEN million - before incentives.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:24 PM, krAbs said:

11 million. So, 12 million more than he is worth. On a good day.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:16 PM, krAbs said:

How much is he paying the Angels? Otherwise, this feels like a bad deal...

I agree with my drunk ranting.

On 12/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, bloodbrother said:

Yuck. Last thing the Angels need is more arms who you can't rely on to stay durable over the course of a season. The injuries to his elbow and shoulder have made him a shell of what he used to be and I'm not even sure how effective he is anymore. I don't think this really helps improve the rotation at all since I don't think he's any good anymore and I don't see him staying healthy all year long

All that said, at 1yr it's not a big deal and doesn't interfere with the long-term goals with this franchise.

Well at least he's been durable I guess...

On 12/18/2018 at 6:44 PM, beatlesrule said:

If only we were a big market team that could afford to sign better players and not dumpster dive or pray a player regains talent from 4 years ago.

Man, a lot of our so-called experts were very wrong about Harvey. Chuck even called out the MLB trade rumor guys about Barria and look what happened there. 

Are people going to bump all of Eppler's signings threads or will they mercifully just end with this one?

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Man, a lot of our so-called experts were very wrong about Harvey. Chuck even called out the MLB trade rumor guys about Barria and look what happened there. 

Are people going to bump all of Eppler's signings threads or will they mercifully just end with this one?

If only we would have signed Eovaldi like a big market team.  

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Helluva of a pick up for Billy, 3 years of injuries and inconsistency and awarded  11 mill