• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bold Winter Meetings Predictions

Second Base

- I'll go with Angels first....they'll shock the world and sign Kikuchi for 5/50 and then pull off a stunning trade with the Indians to acquire Trevor Bauer and Jefry Rodriguez for Jaime Barria, Nick Tropeano, Brandon Marsh, Taylor Ward and John Swanda. 

- I don't think Bryce Harper will sign. Despite being in Vegas, I think he and Boras are just going to draw a lot of attention to themselves because they need that sort of thing, but Boras clients always wait until late to sign.

- Manny Machado will sign with the Phillies for a lot more money than anyone thought he would get. 10/400.

- JT Realmuto will finally be dealt to the Dodgers.

- Dipoto will give in and trade Mitch Haniger to the Phillies.

27 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Eppler will trade Barria.  But I do think the Angels will be in on Kikuchi and obviously Bauer is one of the better potentially realistic gets available for the Angels.  He’d cost a lot.  But I don’t think it would be any MLB players.  

The way I make sense of it in my mind is that I think discussions have already taken place and the Indians asked for Adell. The Angels obviously balked at that and offered Marsh, to which the Indians seemed open to, but they wanted Canning and a couple of others. The Angels countered with Suarez but Cleveland wasn't high on him and think he's more of a reliever. Talks simmered at that point. During the Meetings they'll heat up again and when Eppler finds out for sure that Cleveland fully intends to move Bauer quickly, he'll offer Barria. 

That will be the basic framework of the deal, and the final prospects will be negotiated through the last couple of hours. Eppler will be reluctant to part ways with Taylor Ward and John Swanda, who the organization is very high on, and will counter with Jefry Rodriguez being included into the deal as bullpen depth that can also start. 

After that, I figure Eppler will stay true to his word and continue to develop Felix Pena as the fifth starter while Canning, Suarez and Rodriguez are all ready to step in.

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The way I make sense of it in my mind is that I think discussions have already taken place and the Indians asked for Adell. The Angels obviously balked at that and offered Marsh, to which the Indians seemed open to, but they wanted Canning and a couple of others. The Angels countered with Suarez but Cleveland wasn't high on him and think he's more of a reliever. Talks simmered at that point. During the Meetings they'll heat up again and when Eppler finds out for sure that Cleveland fully intends to move Bauer quickly, he'll offer Barria. 

That will be the basic framework of the deal, and the final prospects will be negotiated through the last couple of hours. Eppler will be reluctant to part ways with Taylor Ward and John Swanda, who the organization is very high on, and will counter with Jefry Rodriguez being included into the deal as bullpen depth that can also start. 

After that, I figure Eppler will stay true to his word and continue to develop Felix Pena as the fifth starter while Canning, Suarez and Rodriguez are all ready to step in.

Who the Angels acquire for the rotation will tell us quite a bit about how they perceive their competitive window, particularly as it pertains to Trout. Trading for Bauer indicates a bit more urgency, whereas signing, say, J.A. Happ probably means they’re looking a couple of years out. I think the latter is more likely, but you never know. 

I wasn’t on the Manny train until the little birdies chimed in. Then it got me excited of the reality of having another super star in his prime with Trout.  So I say the Angels shock the baseball world and sign Manny near the end of the Winter Meetings. I think Angels pull a trade for a #1-2 type SP after winter meetings, probably Bauer. 

14 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

There is a 0.000001 percent chance the Angels sign Manny Machado.

Yeah I know. Just part of the hot stove season.  I don’t expect the Angels to really get much of anyone that would be considered a star player. 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think Eppler will trade Barria.  But I do think the Angels will be in on Kikuchi and obviously Bauer is one of the better potentially realistic gets available for the Angels.  He’d cost a lot.  But I don’t think it would be any MLB players.  

Well, that's disappointing. They could use Calhoun and we could make do, without him.

JA Happ would make some sense. He's maintained an ERA under 4.00 for four consecutive years and is averaging about 170 innings a year, and that's while pitching in the AL East. He wouldn't require a long term deal because of his age and due to his mid-season trade, won't require draft pick compensation. 

Charlie Morton too.

One of Dodger/Braves/Phil will Sign Harper 10 yrs 325 mil 

White Sox get Machado 10 yr 300 mil

Ramos to the Angels 3yr/33 mil

Kikuchi to the angels- 4 yr 42 mil, with incentives

We trade for grey

One of Miller/Famillia/ Robertson/ Kelly will be in an angels uniform- 2-3yr/20-30 mil

Keuchel: 4 yrs 72 mil with the padres/Oakland

Kimbrel- Cardinals 4yrs 66 mil

Happ- Yanks 3yr 42 mil