• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hard-throwing Japanese lefty Yusei Kikuchi has been posted

Chuck

19 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think the fact that we haven't heard the Angels connected to Kikuchi AT ALL, and the circumstances surrounding both the Angels and Kikuchi would indicate to to me that he is one of Eppler's many targets. 

have any teams been connected to him?

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Is he a real free agent? Or does a team have to pay the 20 million posting fee like Ohtani and then it's international money? 

here you go:

This will be the first offseason featuring the new posting system between NPB and MLB. Under the new rules, all 30 teams will have a 30-day window to negotiate with Kikuchi and recently hired agent Scott Boras. It’s a change from the previous iterations of the system — both the former blind bidding and the $20MM maximum posting fee — as the release fee paid to the Lions will now be based on the size of the contract that Kikuchi signs with his new team.

Beyond the actual contract given to Kikuchi, his new team will need to pay a release fee equal to 20 percent of the first $25MM of the deal, plus 17.5 percent of the next $25MM of the contract, plus another 15 percent of anything beyond $50MM. (A $60MM contract, for instance, would come with a release fee of $10.875MM.) The Lions will also receive a sum equal to 15 percent of any non-guaranteed money that Kikuchi eventually earns (e.g. performance bonuses, option salaries).

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Actually shoulder injuries are bad, they aren’t as easily fixable as elbows.  

as a former coach for nearly 15 years with my son and 2 daughters, the number of kids throwing breaking balls and other such craziness way to young is staggering.  There are pitch limits which help shoulders, but nothing that says how many breaking balls or other restrictions .

1 hour ago, Lou said:

by the actual teams or reporters guessing?

If I had to guess, I'd say reporters guessing.  The vast majority of reports from guys like Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi etc.. is just a bunch of reporters guessing.  Sure there's some inside information, but for everything they get right, they get 10 wrong, or at least 10 don't come to fruition.  But it's a consequence free environment.  If they're wrong, no punishment, and they are wrong an awful lot. 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If I had to guess, I'd say reporters guessing.  The vast majority of reports from guys like Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi etc.. is just a bunch of reporters guessing.  Sure there's some inside information, but for everything they get right, they get 10 wrong, or at least 10 don't come to fruition.  But it's a consequence free environment.  If they're wrong, no punishment, and they are wrong an awful lot. 

correct, and some of those same reporters include us as being in on Kikuchi 

I think all Japanese players coming here to play should ask Justin Turner and Clayton Kershaw to meet with them and provide a demonstration as to why they should join the los doyers.  This Japanese player should stare blankly at  Turner and Kershaw and then 2 weeks after the meeting sign with another team.  They should definitely put out some generic note stating that they very much appreciated the interest of all parties involved.  

This kind of trolling should be a matter of personal honor.