• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hard-throwing Japanese lefty Yusei Kikuchi has been posted

Chuck

i think NY or LA will throw bank at this.  After losing Ohtani and the butthurt that followed i can see him not going to a large market at this point. 
Im just going to completely dismiss us as being even remotely possible as i did with Ohtani, and maybe ill be wrong again :)  

44 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I wouldn't.  

Yep, nor would I. 

In fact, why would any FA want to sign in Seattle with Dipoto at the helm? When a player signs a deal with a team they generally like to know they're wanted and will stick around a while without fear of being dealt just when they get cozy in their new home.

His trades are straight from a fantasy baseball owner, making deals all day long. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, no would I. 

In fact, why would any FA want to sign in Seattle with Dipoto at the helm? When a player signs a deal with a team they generally like to know they're wanted and will stick around a while without fear of being dealt just when they get cozy in their new home.

His trades are straight from a fantasy baseball owner, making deals all day long. 

not only that, but even if you sign a FA deal with them and get a no trade, you could watch the revolving door of players around you.  Guys you've become comfortable playing with etc. getting turned over constantly.  That would be unsettling.  

But I think Jerry is a very good salesman, and I think most will notice that he's doing exactly what I thought he would.  Exchanging major league talent for guys who are just ready or almost ready.  He's not actually rebuilding the farm system.  He's rebuilding the major league roster with younger players.  He's used his assets to obtain Sheffield, Narvaez, Mallex Smith and now possibly Crawford.  All guys who will end up on the opening day roster.  

He's never put a ton of value on high end pen arms so trading Diaz made sense for him.  

Next up he'll move Leake.  

He may not be playing for 2019, but if he doesn't start trading away guys like Kelenic for major league ready talent this year, he'll do it before 2020.  

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Leake is the other player going to Philly in the Segura deal.  It could be Nicassio.   

I know it's crazy, but one reason he's moving so fast with all of these trades is that he thinks he can rebuild the major league roster in time to land Kikuchi and maybe even make a run at Harper.  

Personally, I get moving Paxton and Cano but if you are going to merely go after major league ready talent that could form into a nice team over the next three years, Segura would be the perfect guy to keep around considering you've got him through 2023.  

I just think he wanted to get rid of Segura for other reasons.  

Everything I've read about him and seen in videos shows him sitting around 91-93mph.... Where did they get that VELO from?...

Also, if he was actually able to hit 96-98 with his previous power slider he would be graded out at a MLB #1 not a #2... 

Also, his change and curve are downgrades. And with his shoulder issues last year he had to use the offspeed more and back off throwing his slider hard and he wasn't very consistent with offspeed pitches.