• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any Ben Shapiro fans here?

Chuck

11 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

He's a whole hell of a lot more successful than anyone on this board, at a really young age. Not sure how anybody could call him out as just some guy that's somewhat smart.

That depends upon what you mean by "success." But more to the point, success and intelligence don't need to correlate. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Shapiro is smarter than every single poster on this board.

Bar none. 

He's smart in his own, narrow (debate club) sort of way. He's probably a better debater than everyone here, although I'm guessing Strad might wear him down just through tenacity. But Shapiro's is a very narrow type of intelligence. He might be a pretty sharp knife, but it seems to be the only tool in his toolbox. He seems to lack imagination, creativity, emotional intelligence and pretty much anything outside of formulaic logic. He's a good logical thinker, but again, logic is only one type of intelligence. See, for instance, Howard Gardner's "multiple intelligences" theory. Shapiro comes off as pretty one-dimensional, in my opinion. Sort of like a guy who hits .315 but with no power, plate discipline, or speed. .315 is good, but it isn't the best average hitter and without other tools ends up being a pretty limited player.

Shapiro is not a .315 hitter at debate.  He just talks fast. That’s literally it.  He talks fast and espouses typical far right ideological positions. There’s nothing particularly special about him.  He’s an abrasive asshole that says what other assholes want to hear.  He goes on his various far right platforms does his grift maybe sells some dick pills or underwear or whatever and that’s  it.  That’s his whole thing.  Is he good at it ? Sure.  Does that make him a “genius” or unusually smart.  Not to me.  Is Ann Coulter a genius ? She’s been in this game way longer.  She does the same shit.  Ben would be pretty fortunate to have a run like her. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Here’s a brilliant book that the big brained boi wrote for all his fan boys.  Enjoy cons. 

True Allegiance https://www.amazon.com/dp/1682613321/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uzsHDbAG01H4F

OMG, I read the first half page and cringed. The protagonist sighed twice in two sentences, and then he used the word "groan" five times in like ten sentences. Godawful prose.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Shapiro is not a .315 hitter at debate.  He just talks fast. That’s literally it.  He talks fast and espouses typical far right ideological positions. There’s nothing particularly special about him.  He’s an abrasive asshole that says what other assholes want to hear.  He goes on his various far right platform does his grift maybe sells some dick pills or underwear or whatever and that it.  That’s his whole thing.  Is he good at it ? Sure.  Does that make him a “genius” or unusually smart.  Not to me.  Is Ann Coulter a genius ? She’s been in this game way longer.  She does the same shit.  Ben would be pretty fortunate to have a run like her. 

I agree with you, although my point was that a .315 hitter with no walks, power, speed, or defense looks good to those who only see batting average, but whose flaws and limitations are evident with a deeper look. As you say, he's good at what he does: which is hit singles. 

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I agree with you, although my point was that a .315 hitter with no walks, power, speed, or defense looks good to those who only see batting average, but whose flaws and limitations are evident with a deeper look. As you say, he's good at what he does: which is hit singles. 

So he's Ichiro? 

Ben Shapiro is a Wap.

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Shapiro is not a .315 hitter at debate.  He just talks fast. That’s literally it.  He talks fast and espouses typical far right ideological positions. There’s nothing particularly special about him.  He’s an abrasive asshole that says what other assholes want to hear.  He goes on his various far right platforms does his grift maybe sells some dick pills or underwear or whatever and that’s  it.  That’s his whole thing.  Is he good at it ? Sure.  Does that make him a “genius” or unusually smart.  Not to me.  Is Ann Coulter a genius ? She’s been in this game way longer.  She does the same shit.  Ben would be pretty fortunate to have a run like her. 

You can disagree with him. I think he's awful on the most important things. You can give him shit for getting rich as a provocateur. That said, you can still recognize that he's incredibly intelligent. 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

You can disagree with him. I think he's awful on the most important things. You can give him shit for getting rich as a provocateur. That said, you can still recognize that he's incredibly intelligent. 

Bingo.

But nooo . . . he con. he stupid.

I think his ideas are dumb and I think he delivers  his shitty ideas in a manner that is deliberately abrasive making them seem even dumber.  I’m not going to pretend that I think he’s smart because he gets old people to turn out their pockets for him. 

Doctors are smart, scientists are smart.  Political commentator con men are a completely different thing.  It’s not like this guy is creating new political thought.  He just regurgitates the same old bullshit that you could have heard from Limbaugh in the 90s or any number of the other commentators. 

Edited by UndertheHalo