• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

23 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wow. Either they’re really trying to clear money, or both the Angels and other teams saw something that is killing his trade value.

the real questions is WHY are they saving money, to spend elsewhere or just to save...  Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’ve thought all along the Angels were gonna dark horse for Harper and this is tilts the needle further....find a way to shed Calhoun’s $11m following that move, clears up OF prospects for a SP trade...

Angel’s stadium is closest stadium to Vegas.  Surprised there isn’t any rumors so far, or at least media type suggesting it.  

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’ve thought all along the Angels were gonna dark horse for Harper and this is tilts the needle further....find a way to shed Calhoun’s $11m following that move, clears up OF prospects for a SP trade...

Or enter, David Robertson?   $8.3 million should be most of what he would command per year.

11 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I always debated whether I’d rather have 1 lx40 million dollar player or 4x10 million dollar players...perhaps 2x20 mill. I guess it depends on needs 

The Angels may have both if things work out the way they should.

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

guys guys guys, playing close to home doesnt matter, didnt you get the memo?  :)  

Right, because if it was important no one would sign extensions with their current teams and everyone would be a free agent after their 6th year.  Then the Angels, Dodgers, Rangers, Astros, Marlins and Rays would have the most talent on their team.  Also we would have no players from Japan, DR, Cuba or PR.  

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Right, because if it was important no one would sign extensions with their current teams and everyone would be a free agent after their 6th year.  Then the Angels, Dodgers, Rangers, Astros, Marlins and Rays would have the most talent on their team.  Also we would have no players from Japan, DR, Cuba or PR.  

It really is important to some guys. But with the offseason being six months long, and more money being offered by a team elsewhere, it becomes a non factor in most cases. Probably 70% of the time it doesn't matter. And even then, sometimes it isn't about being close to home as much as it's being in a city that a player and his family may actually like. Some players really don't like the Houston area, regardless of money, but will sign there because they want to play for winner. 

I read something a while back that players liked the nightlife and city scene in Chicago the best of any city. 

40 minutes ago, jordan said:

Angel’s stadium is closest stadium to Vegas.  Surprised there isn’t any rumors so far, or at least media type suggesting it.  

The Angels front office is tight lipped and most of the media types that don't cover a specific team will do minimal homework. They see the Angels have Trout, Upton and Calhoun wi Adell on the way and they assume the outfield is full and they're not in the bidding.

Just now, Second Base said:

The Angels front office is tight lipped and most of the media types that don't cover a specific team will do minimal homework. They see the Angels have Trout, Upton and Calhoun wi Adell on the way and they assume the outfield is full and they're not in the bidding.

Get rid of Upton and Calhoun