• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Katie Porter

FiveThirtyEight (yeah, yeah, I know...2016 election) gives her a 5 in 8 chance of winning.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/california/45/

It's weird, though. I've only been seeing pro-Mimi Walters ads, which paint Porter as a Nanci Pelosi clone. I got one pro-Katie Porter mailer, which emphasized Walters voting with Trump 99% of the time (or something like that).

Anyway, I already did mail-in voting, and I voted for Porter.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really don’t appreciate the insinuation that Dana Rohrbacher is a trash person on the same level of Jerry Dipoto.  Honestly, just way beyond the pale Taylor.  Disappointed in you. 

You're right. No one should ever be compared to Jerry Dipoto. I repent of my callousness.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

It has been awesome witnessing the transformation of right winger bumpygrimes into soy sipping lefty Taylor.

I don't really know how it happened. Well, I guess I do. About three years ago, I looked at the Republican party's platform and realized that, other than being pro-life, I resonated with none of it. I think the right nutswinging for Trump was the final straw.

Still, I'll never register as a Democrat. Part of it is the pro-life issue, part of it is that I don't really believe the government is the solution to our country's social issues. The Dems have gouged and over-regulated California, all while pretending to care about poor people.

I voted for Katie Porter because I'd like to see the Dems take back the house, in order to limit Trump's power. In a few years, if the pendulum has swung the other way, I could see myself voting for a lot of Republicans again. Heck, I voted for John Cox for governor, because Newsom is a POS. I voted for some Republicans in the other positions. I voted for the non-Feinstein Dem for Senator.

And I hate soy.

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

And for guys like Adam that support the Republicans for money reasons only and admit it without shame, more power to you.  At least it’s a valid reason.  (Except for the SALT and home mortgage deduction changes basically f*cked blue state conservatives).

I don't support republicans. I do support tax cuts though. It will be interesting to see how the return shakes out for 2018. But it is rather easy to give yourself your own tax cut.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It would appear Taylor has joined the ranks of those who have blocked me.

Actually, I thought you were grouping me in with Lhalo about people who don't know mail-in ballots are a thing, so I didn't read your entire post and ended up responding to Lhalo myself. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended.