• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What do you guys think of Hyun-Jin Ryu?

Second Base

43 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Have you actually looked in depth at his stats? He’s really not an ace, a nice 2-3 but definitely not an ace. And he was more of a #4-#5 starter last year. 

Mediocre WHIP, mediocre k/9, mediocre BB rate. I’m just not seeing it worth the cost and he is most definitely not the type of pitcher we have seen Eppler target.

I don't think Stroman was healthy most of last year.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Forgive my ignorance on this but is Stroman kind of like Chris Archer, where the stuff is good but he simply hasn’t made the jump to being a really good starter?   

Kind of, yea. Archer is better than Stroman, even with his limited two pitch arsenal.

Stroman doesn't strike out nearly as many guys as Archer as well. Archer is also pretty durable compared to Stroman.

i think Archer is being held back by not having a solid third pitch to fool hitters. Stroman has more pitches, so I could see him figuring it out eventually.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Forgive my ignorance on this but is Stroman kind of like Chris Archer, where the stuff is good but he simply hasn’t made the jump to being a really good starter?   

Extremely similar.  The biggest difference is Stroman is more of an economical worker.  Their long term projections seem to be going in different directions.  Archer's velocity and quality off-speed pitch make him dynamic, but don't figure to serve him well as he ages.  Stroman has four pitches he works with, and isn't looking for the K most times as much as he's looking at generating weak contact.  His success isn't dependent upon throwing 95 mph. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Stroman is a huge ground ball guy so he would fit in nicely with the Angels defensive infield (at least what I assume will be a nice defensive infield :D ). Archer puts the ball more in the air but strikes out more hitters.

I think Eovaldi is the best choice in the market! than trade for Gray, Billy and Brian could easily purpose an trade. 

I said Cozart for Gray. bith guys guys coming of bad years and switching ball parks could help both guys. Gray in Anaheim should help him, While Cozart in New york won't have to deal with the marine layer and the ball park should help.

Gray

Skaggs

Eovaldi

Heaney 

Shoe/ Barria