• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Decision on Next Manager

Dtwncbad

18 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Players may file for free agency the day after the end of the World Series. So if they want the new guy in place before free agency, they need to get him pretty quickly.

The manager doesn’t need to be hired by the first day of free agency. They probably wouldn’t sign anyone significant for weeks after that. 

I don't ever see his name mentioned but I thought potentially Bengie Molina might become a manager candidate at some point.  Obviously being a former catcher and he did coach at the major league level. . . 

David Ross also would perfectly fit the recent trend of younger former players stepping straight into a manager job.  Ross played for about ten high quality managers and is well respected.  I think this guy would be legit.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Seems like the front runner.

Well considering he’s the only one who has been confirmed....

Hes with a playoff team that is being covered by a reporter (Marly Rivera) who I assume has known him for a while since she used to cover the Yankees. She is the one who first had confirmation and then others have just followed. 

My point is him being identified instead of the other 8 or candidates they are interviewing is not necessarily an indication of him being the favorite. 

He is a candidate who makes a lot of sense, but so do 10 other guys. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Well considering he’s the only one who has been confirmed....

Hes with a playoff team that is being covered by a reporter (Marly Rivera) who I assume has known him for a while since she used to cover the Yankees. She is the one who first had confirmation and then others have just followed. 

My point is him being identified instead of the other 8 or candidates they are interviewing is not necessarily an indication of him being the favorite. 

He is a candidate who makes a lot of sense, but so do 10 other guys. 

So, I'm still in mix.

14 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't ever see his name mentioned but I thought potentially Bengie Molina might become a manager candidate at some point.  Obviously being a former catcher and he did coach at the major league level. . . 

David Ross also would perfectly fit the recent trend of younger former players stepping straight into a manager job.  Ross played for about ten high quality managers and is well respected.  I think this guy would be legit.

Maybe even Jose Molina would be good down the line ? I was at the spring training for a weekend this year and he seemed to work well with the guys 

I just read that Ausmus has interviewed for the Reds manger opening.

I am surprised.  I very much thought Ausmus wanted to track himself into a GM job and had already marked off field manager on his path to that goal.

If he really wants to manage, I can't really come up with a negative on him.

I also saw David Ross was talking to the Twins. . .

I still think it's Brad Ausmus.

and Eric Chavez becomes either third base coach or bench coach.

Astros guy Espada (?) probably gets a managerial position - Texas ?  (Texas interviewed Girardi this past week).

Ausmus spent the past season as special assistant to Arte Moreno.......and sat in the owner's box for many of the Halos 2018 games (not that Arte was there for every game).

So, who do we think is the front runner?  Maybe the guy who has Arte's ear, perhaps?

8 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I still think it's Brad Ausmus.

and Eric Chavez becomes either third base coach or bench coach.

Astros guy Espada (?) probably gets a managerial position - Texas ?  (Texas interviewed Girardi this past week).

Ausmus spent the past season as special assistant to Arte Moreno.......and sat in the owner's box for many of the Halos 2018 games (not that Arte was there for every game).

So, who do we think is the front runner?  Maybe the guy who has Arte's ear, perhaps?

It’s Arte’s box for the 10 games he’s at and Eppler’s box for the other 71. 

I think if he’s got the job it’s because he’s been sitting with Eppler, not Arte.

And this is why I think Ausmus was the favorite before the interviews began. No idea if he still is. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s Arte’s box for the 10 games he’s at and Eppler’s box for the other 71. 

I think if he’s got the job it’s because he’s been sitting with Eppler, not Arte.

And this is why I think Ausmus was the favorite before the interviews began. No idea if he still is. 

well, Fletcher would know -- I tend to agree with his take.  i have felt he was the successor in waiting from the day he was hired by the Halos.

I also think (and I have ZERO inside sources, no knowledge other than what I read/see/ hear in the media) for whatever reason, Ausmus' ultimate goal is the front office so his hiring will essentially be a plan to manage three to five years and turn it over to someone like an Eric Chavez

Ausmus had access to Arte and Eppler -- and to Arte in a way that, apparently, is not viewed as a threat to Eppler - re over-stepping his authority.

also - I'm OK with Ausmus -- I know there is a certain segment (perhaps a majority here) of AW posters who, for whatever reason, do not want to see Ausmus named the next Halos manager and don't like him.

I've always thought favorably of Ausmus and thought he left the Detroit managerial position showing some class.