• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

On the bright side...

On the bright side, all this losing with definitely give Eppler a reason to let Sosh walk.  There is just no way you resign a manager with 500 record over an 18 year span and 1 championship.

Lots will be changing for 2019.  Everyone just stop complaining about this years team and have some patience.  It can't get any worse...can it?  

3 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

On the bright side, all this losing with definitely give Eppler a reason to let Sosh walk.  There is just no way you resign a manager with 500 record over an 18 year span and 1 championship.

Lots will be changing for 2019.  Everyone just stop complaining about this years team and have some patience.  It can't get any worse...can it?  

Oh it can always and has been worse dude. Off the top of my head, 1980 comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

I agree, but he’s much better than a .500 guy over the last 19 seasons.  There were a lot of Angel fans that never thought this team would have a franchise record above .500.   Now we do.  

36 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Oh it can always and has been worse dude. Off the top of my head, 1980 comes to mind.

Yep.

Then there's Randy Johnson...Luis Sojo...Mark Langston...you get the picture.

At least this year there won't be a closing nightmare to haunt us like '95.

Edited by fan_since79

Jeez, even a season like 2001 was way worse than this. Obviously we won it all the next year but that team performed awful when you look at it. 

Things have been way worse even in somewhat recent history

i havent been a fan nearly as long as most people here but even I remember worse seasons

8 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Jeez, even a season like 2001 was way worse than this. Obviously we won it all the next year but that team performed awful when you look at it. 

Things have been way worse even in somewhat recent history

i havent been a fan nearly as long as most people here but even I remember worse seasons

Lost 19 of our final 21 games that year.

17 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Were you around in 79, 82 and 86? 

lol really? 

35 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

There are a lot of youngsters on AW that have not lived through the real pain of being an Angels fan.

this is the topic. 1982, and especially 1986, were by far more painful than anything we as fans have had to endure in the last two decades. 

it's not even close. 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I actually kinda hope he gets an extension because I want to see the reaction. 

I mean, it's definitely time to move on. No question. But the entertainment value over the few months post-extension would be almost worth another 10 years of futility.

it would be like Trump winning the election.

good times 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

this is the topic. 1982, and especially 1986, were by far more painful than anything we as fans have had to endure in the last two decades. 

it's not even close. 

They were painful, for sure....but it’s a relative thing....I’ll take the pain of being on the cusp of the World Series....far better than figuring out who to sell at the All Stat break.....As for Autry, he and Arte weren’t/aren’t perfect but they were willing to spend to try to win (with a few exceptions)....I can’t forgive Jackie Autry and Disney (with a few exceptions and extenuating circumstances) for refusing to....