• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 07/14: Game 2 @ Dodgers

failos

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Fletcher has more ABs vs RHP than he does vs LHP

Maybe when Sosh is forced to keep him in, when the starter leaves. or he's got no other choice in late innings.

But the handwriting has been on the wall for a while now, IF you've been paying attention. RH starter, no Fletch.

I guess you're avoiding refuting my overall premise. The Angels have little alternative to Upton on the 25 man roster that is a defensive upgrade. So THIS is the tact you choose?

And leave Juliet Mills out of this! She was hot!!

1 minute ago, eligrba4ever said:

Langston took a deep breath and now thinks on balance Upton had a good game. The liner straight at him that went over his head happens to others.  And he'd usually make the other one.

Like I said earlier, I understand the first one getting over his head, but the fly ball to the warning track, man you’re a major leaguer, you can’t be surprised by a lefty and the affect that has on the trajectory of the ball hit the opposite way. 

Let's count the miscues. 

Nearly runs over Trout to catch a ball he was called off on. Trout gave him a WTF look. 

Let's a line drive go over his head and does not race to pick it up, gray haired old man scores from 1st base. 

Rumbles, stumbles and bumbles into the wall not catching the ball and falling on it. 

Yeah, he was a disaster highlight film. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Let's count the miscues. 

Nearly runs over Trout to catch a ball he was called off on. Trout gave him a WTF look. 

Let's a line drive go over his head and does not race to pick it up, gray haired old man scores from 1st base. 

Rumbles, stumbles and bumbles into the wall not catching the ball and falling on it. 

1 Home Run

1 Single

3 RBI

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Let's count the miscues. 

Didn't run the ball back into the infield with the runner on 3rd.

Apologies. HMO is a common abbreviation for Hermosillo. Which is a town in Sonora that is about an hour from my winter place in Mexico. Over 1 million people now, I believe.They have a baseball team in the highest league in Mexico.

Many gringos use that as an abbreviation on chat boards down there. Just fergot where I was.

6 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

True! That ball was shallow enough.

But he might have stumbled, running it in and dropped the ball. Very possible.

I still think he is having depth perception problems in the OF. 

And he might have chucked it to the backstop.

But yeah he probably did have a chance at tripping during the trip into the infield. 

33 minutes ago, Lou said:

1 Home Run

1 Single

3 RBI

Since you went there, JD Martinez 29 hr 80 rbi .330 avg .392 OBP 1.040 OPS

yet many here kept clamoring for Upton because he was better defensively and he's played less games than Upton in the outfield sure, but he is currently rocking a 1.000 fielding percentage. Now, I haven't seen him play nearly as much as Upton but it's clear that any defensive problems he has are more than made up for with his bat.  Upton, not so much.