• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 7/6 Dogers@Angels

10 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

2.75 ERA in his four starts. His WHIP this season is down over .10 from his career average before this season. Good signs. ERA is meaningful for a starter.

Sosh said he took him out when he did because he felt the heat had gotten to him. Fortunately, the bullpen worked out, against a team that has been hitting well, lately.

Wise move on Scioscia’s part ... Unfortunately Noe Ramirez has struggled with his control lately. I like the kid but he needs to figure things out soon. 

1 minute ago, 70runner said:

Jansen looked very ordinary.  Velocity is down, ERA is up.  Pena brung it.

Trout hitting 3rd, behind a high OBP #2...lets keep it that way for awhile...pllllzzzz.

Yes and wait for Trout to wake the f up

Just stopped by this morning to learn the resolution of the Great Debate: IS Ohtani always in the hole as Failos insists, or if, he is indeed, NOT always in the hole? AND is there a hole deep enough to make Ohtani look Altuve-sized?  And what the hell does any of this have to do with honor and shame?

Spent all night pouring over fangraphs. I got nothin'.

This argument about Ohtani and the count reminds me of a great story (probably apocryphal) about Ted Williams. The story goes, there was some rookie pitcher who was frustrated because he couldn't get Williams out to save his life. He went to his manager and asked him if he had any tips. The manager told him to get Williams to an 0-2 count because that's when he was vulnerable and his numbers were poor. The rookie then asked the manager the best way to get him to the 0-2 count. The manager replied, "That's your problem, kid" and walked away.

I heard that story decades ago on some TV sports show, can't recall which. I can't find it referenced anywhere.

3 hours ago, itsKnoppUitsme said:

I turned off the TV with 2 outs and said to my wife jokingly " I'm turning off the game so that we have a chance to win" and then went to sleep.

Did Something happen? :)

According to your wife, nothing at all.

16 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

So Roberts puts Puig in the dog house he is a disciplinarian but if Scioscia puts anyone in the dog house he is ruining their career.

Actually, that is not the point I'm making. That wouldn't happen as my argument has always been that Scoiscia is not a disciplinarian at all. He doesn't have a doghouse. Players get away with careless and senseless mistakes and poor performance with no consequences. 

2 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Actually, that is not the point I'm making. That wouldn't happen as my argument has always been that Scoiscia is not a disciplinarian at all. He doesn't have a doghouse. Players get away with careless and senseless mistakes and poor performance with no consequences. 

And Roberts has actual major league players on his roster, so if he decides to bench someone then he has a replacement.  

14 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

And Roberts has actual major league players on his roster, so if he decides to bench someone then he has a replacement.  

Well, you have a point there. However, Sosh, IMO, has been too lax over the years when it comes to corrective and disciplinary measures. Overall, in many respects he's been a good manager, but itis time for change. We need an Earl Weaver, Billy Martin, or Dick Williams type at the helm. The important thing is, of course, our team won. Ohtani found a way to get on base and the guys found a way to manufacture 2 runs against a top closer. Another gripe, why isn't Fletcher at third? Valbuena, really?

7 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Well, you have a point there. However, Sosh, IMO, has been too lax over the years when it comes to corrective and disciplinary measures. Overall, in many respects he's been a good manager, but itis time for change. We need an Earl Weaver, Billy Martin, or Dick Williams type at the helm. The important thing is, of course, our team won. Ohtani found a way to get on base and the guys found a way to manufacture 2 runs against a top closer. Another gripe, why isn't Fletcher at third? Valbuena, really?

Don’t take this the wrong way, but there is absolutely no way the next manager is going to be that type of manager.  This is what fans do though.  They see a manager they think is too lax so they want a jerk in the dugout to put those players in their place.  Then after that won’t work, they will want a players coach again.